Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] More details?

Cheri Mello

Sep 26, 2022, 1:08:00 PM9/26/22
to azo...@googlegroups.com
For your grandparents, you'll have to order death certificates and search newspapers for their obituaries in search of their birth date (or approximate). Hopefully, it will mention their freguesia as well.

For the greats going back, you can use the Azorean records. They have been digitized and are online. Covoada was still a part of Relva at that time period, so you want to search Relva records. Use tombo.pt to access:
tombo.pt  (Click the British flag to navigate in English).
Type Relva in the left column in the search box.
Next screen, pick Relva. Start searching.

If you are not interested in doing it yourself, a list of researchers for hire is available from the Azores GenWeb here:

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: São Miguel island: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 9:57 AM Ginevra <itsjen...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am trying to further my tree, and gather more info on my grandmother from my father's side. Perhaps, at the same time potentially get info on her husband (my grandfather.) TIA. This is what I have so far:

Grandparents:
Georgina Sousa (nee Benevides)
b. unknown
d. 25 Dec 1996 in Toronto, ON, Canada
MARRIED TO
Francisco Raposo Sousa
b. unknown
d. circa 1990-1992 in Toronto, ON, Canada
Great-grandparents:
José Benevides Cordeiro
b. 29 May 1899 in Covoada, Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel
d. 07 Nov 1944 in Covoada, Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel
MARRIED TO
Maria de Conçeição Alves Raposo
b. 17 Jan 1898 - Relva, Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel
d. 24 Jan 1969 - Toronto, ON, Canada
Great-Great Grandparents (Jose's Parents)
Antonio Benevides
b. unknown
d. unknown
MARRIED TO
Maria da Trindad Sardinha
b. unknown
d. unknown
Great-Great Grandparents (Maria de Conçeição's Parents)
Francisco Raposo Medeiros
b. 18 May 1866 - Relva, Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel
d. unknown
MARRIED TO
Maria da Conçeição Alves
b. 13 Sep 1872 - Relva, Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel
d. unknown
Maria da Conçeição Alves' Parents
Emilia do Amor Divino Sousa married Jose Alves Pereira
Emilia's Parents
Verissimo Jose Sousa married Maria Julia
Jose Alves' Parents
Antonio Alves married Maria de Jesus
Francisco Raposo Medeiros' Parents
Antonio Raposo married Maria de Jesus
Maria de Jesus' Parents
Francisco Medeiros married Maria do Ceraene de Jesus
Antonio Raposo's Parents
Jose Viveiros Raposo married Armalindina