OT: Polymath Survey

james...@austin.rr.com

Nov 22, 2011, 2:09:30 PM11/22/11
to A discussion list for dorkbot-austin, The Robot Group Mailing List, Austin-Hack...@googlegroups.com, Lynn Bender
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I was a member of the Polymath Society International (http://www.angelfire.com/fl/polymathsociety/member.html) and so I tend to keep up with that particular geek community. This recently came across my desk so to speak so I thought others might be interested...

-- Cut Here --

Hi everyone,

On behalf of the Polymath Foundation team, I just wanted to say thank you
for helping us with our research into modern day polymaths!

We've collected a few dozen responses so far, but we still need more. As
you're certainly aware, it's often very hard to find other polymathic
individuals. That's true even for us as Polymath Foundation. We are relying
on snowball sampling <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowball_sampling> to
secure enough data for this survey.

Which is why we'd like to ask you forward the survey to any of your
polymathic friends. If you'd post something on your Facebook or Twitter
pages, that would also be very much appreciated. Below is sample text you
could use:

"Are you a modern day Renaissance Man or Woman? Does your curiosity span
multiple disciplines? Are you accomplished in more than one field? If so,
this is for you: www.bit.ly/polymathsurvey."

We also run what we believe is the world's only "intellectual speed dating"
service for polymaths, modeled after Benjamin Franklin's Junto. See more
here: http://www.projectpolymath.org/junto.shtml. You're welcome to join if
you'd like.

Thank you again! We'll release the results in December on our site, but I'll
send them to you all before anyone else.

Cheers,
James

--

James Norris