OUTPOST starts up for 2010, Feb 24th new venue in Brunswick. Feat: DJsqgl

Ross Bencina

Feb 15, 2010, 11:50:50 PM2/15/10
to AudioVision-...@googlegroups.com
[Apologies for crossposting]

OUTPOST is back for 2010 with a brand new spanking venue, a reinvigorated format and a crew of core artists to help facilitate these events and keep the good times rolling.

WHERE AND WHEN?
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 24 @ DJ WASABI'S new creative space TETRIS - 36 Phoenix St, Brunswick (2 minutes walk from Brunswick Railway Station)
8 p.m. till 11:59 p.m.
As always, entry is free, and it's a great opportunity to meet some like-minded artists, see/hear/participate in some great new work and even try out some of your own new material.
So...BRING YOUR GEAR AND HAVE NO FEAR!

SPICY FORMAT CHANGES FOR SHARE OUTPOST 2010

Feature Artist Performance and Informal Q'n'A: We have at least one scheduled feature artist each month.
This year, we thought it would be great to also have artists talk about their processes, their gear and find out a bit about what they have been checking out.
This informal Q'n'A will be hosted by our own Byron Scullin.

THIS MONTH'S FEATURE ARTIST IS..
DJsqgl (DeeJay Sqiggle) is venturing down from the serene surrounds of Lake Macquarrie, NSW to give us a mashup set and talk about his a/v set up on Tracktor.
Sqgl (a.k.a. Joe Koan) was an active part of Clan Analogue in the 90s performing with Signal-to-Noise and the improvising techno trio DoSE (Department of Social Engineering).

Prescribed Stimulus Jam: This may be a key word/style/type of material to be used.
The topic for extemporization by performers will be posted on http://shareoutpost.org a few weeks out. It will also be included in the OUTPOST mail-out the week before the monthly event.

THE THEME FOR THIS MONTH'S P.S.J. IS MY FAVORITE WAVEFORM

More Impromptu Shorter Sets: whether you want to give a tasty snack sized version of something you are working up or if you just feel like performing something more spontaneous - this is the arena for you.

Variation In Performance: We love it when things are less predictable, lets mash up different numbers of players, maybe try a round robin tag team type of affair?

GET INVOLVED...
To get involved in an OUTPOST performance on the last Wednesday of the month
  • Make your way to our new venue Tetris - 36 Phoenix St, Brunswick (2 minutes walk from Brunswick Railway Station) - around 8 p.m.
  • Bring any cables you need to connect your rig to the OUTPOST/Tetris system (audio = quarter inch jacks/XLR, video = s/video or composite)
  • Meet up with one of the OUTPOST volunteers and let them know when you would like to play and in what context (solo or in a group) and they will help get you set up
  • Rock the house... tell your friends... re-Rock the house