Why is China little affected by Covid19?

Dingbat

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
May 1, 2021, 10:56:26 PM5/1/21
to Atheism vs Christianity
Why is China little affected by Covid19?

China is behind the US by a factor of ~4 in vaccinating their populace. It is billed as the place of origin of Covid19. Yet, China's official death rate in proportion to their population is below the US' by a factor of ~400 or so. China's worst affected province Hubei, where Wuhan is located, has a death rate ~20 times below the US'. What gives?

x.mar

<xf10036@gmail.com>
May 2, 2021, 12:07:27 PM5/2/21
to Atheism vs Christianity
Because China people could not understand "Give me liberty, or give me death!"
Message has been deleted

Dingbat

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
May 3, 2021, 1:25:48 AM5/3/21
to Atheism vs Christianity
On Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 9:07:27 AM UTC-7 x.mar wrote:
Because China people could not understand "Give me liberty, or give me death!"

The Chinese used methods to restrict people and spread of infection that are supposedly not permissible in the United States.
Titles of these articles taking a position for and against Covid19 restrictions seem to agree that they violate civil liberties.

Why protect civil liberties during a pandemic? | NIH

Covid19 an excuse for repressing civil liberties | mccaininstitute.org

If they're right to so agree, is the former right to aver that repressing civil liberties can be permissible?

LL LL

<spectacular8360@gmail.com>
May 3, 2021, 2:25:37 AM5/3/21
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com
I suspect they are wildly undercounting cases and deaths  and exaggerating vaccinations. What makes anyone think their death is actually 20 times below the 7S death rate?  Because they say so? How can anyone find out the truth? It is a closed, monolithic government. How can any outsider know the truth about their statistics? They only say what they want the world to hear.

On May 2, 2021, at 10:09 PM, 'Dingbat' via Atheism vs Christianity <atheism-vs-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

On Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 9:07:27 AM UTC-7 x.mar wrote:
Because China people could not understand "Give me liberty, or give me death!"

Two opposing positions

On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 8:56:26 PM UTC-6 Dingbat wrote:
Why is China little affected by Covid19?

China is behind the US by a factor of ~4 in vaccinating their populace. It is billed as the place of origin of Covid19. Yet, China's official death rate in proportion to their population is below the US' by a factor of ~400 or so. China's worst affected province Hubei, where Wuhan is located, has a death rate ~20 times below the US'. What gives?

Dingbat

<ranjit_mathews@yahoo.com>
May 3, 2021, 6:41:26 PM5/3/21
to Atheism vs Christianity
BBC reports:
The UK-based Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) said China's "skilful" management of Covid-19 would boost its relative growth compared to the US and Europe in coming years.  It controlled the disease through swift and extremely strict action, meaning it did not need to repeat economically paralysing lockdowns.