Re: [AvC] Digest for atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

thea

<thea.nob4@gmail.com>
Sep 8, 2022, 5:05:23 AM9/8/22
to atheism-vs-christianity
It is easy to question.  But, when papaw was in the nursing home and told us he had been talking with his mother and two men who were dead and gone a long time, we thought his brain was gone.  However, two weeks after this he was gone.  And when walking into the nursing home to get his things, I told the nurse about his saying someone was there talking to him.  The nurse explained to me that it happened all the time, and when they heard it they would mark down on the calendar who and when.  Two weeks after this they were gone.  This happens all the time if you know about it according to the nurse.  So my husband and I made a pack between us that if someone came and talked to us, we would let the other one know about it.  Two weeks before my husband died, he woke me up at 3:00 a.m. and announced that our pack was going to come true and that he had loved me ever since he saw me.  He saw me singing in my fathers choir at church 58 years previous.  Two weeks later, I sat in my recliner across from his, and his last words were:  "Lord help me"   Upon hearing that, I started saying "Thank you, Jesus, for helping him"  and kept saying it.  I got up out of my chair and walked over to him, and was told by a voice to say it out loud. I thought to myself, I guess I can as I am the only one here.  So, I said "Thank you, Jesus, for helping" about six times when his mouth opened about an inch, and he was gone.  There was something (an angel of the Lord) standing beside me, and I asked where is he, and the angel said "in front of you".  To me it looked like curtains, as I was facing the front window.   Thereupon, my husband said, "Call the paramedics"  I kept standing where I was because I was looking at my husband's body. My husband said again, "Call the paramedics - NOW"   I turned to go across the room to the phone, and the angel and my husband were gone.  I called the paramedics and they hung up on me.  So I dialed again, and the state police were  on the line, and they came out (three police men) and pronounced him dead. They called the paramedics and the coroner for me.
So, I now thoroughly know that someone comes for you before you die to take you across the great divide.  The great divide is the space between here and heaven where Satan resides.  Satan owns the power of the air and comes as an angel of light.  To get across this space between us and heaven, Jesus sends someone to guide us.   I am more of a believer than I ever was, that there is a God in heaven who loves us all.  Who did not come to find fault with us because he remembers we are made of dust and ashes, and came to deliver us (John 3:17).
Thea

On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 12:54 AM <atheism-vs-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
LL LL <spectac...@gmail.com>: Sep 07 11:01AM -0700

> On Sep 6, 2022, at 4:31 AM, Rupert <rupertmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I mean, there are some people who believe in the existence of an afterlife but also say they are uncertain about whether their afterlife will be a good one...

Just like our present life.

Lois

Rupert

<rupertmccallum174@gmail.com>
Sep 8, 2022, 5:12:45 AM9/8/22
to Atheism vs Christianity
I don't know whether this is supposed to be your own personal testimony, Thea, but even if this is you telling me these events really happened and I believe you, I really don't see that what is described here gives very strong rational warrant for anything in particular.

LL LL

<spectacular8360@gmail.com>
Sep 8, 2022, 3:11:22 PM9/8/22
to atheism-vs-christianity@googlegroups.com

On Sep 8, 2022, at 2:12 AM, Rupert <rupertmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't know whether this is supposed to be your own personal testimony, Thea, but even if this is you telling me these events really happened and I believe you, I really don't see that what is described here gives very strong rational warrant for anything in particular.

It’s a personal account as she experienced it and understood it. I wouldn’t criticize it in any way.

Lois