DOB telescope

cycledogg

Nov 27, 2008, 8:25:49 PM11/27/08
to ASTRONOMY101 - Astronomy 101
Hello,
I am new to telescopes and would like to know about the DOB
(Dobsisarian) type telescope. I understand you have to adjust the aim
of this scope manually. There are no knobs or cranks to do this and
from discriptions it says to rotate or tilt the scope. Is this type of
aim adjustment accrute when using or would a type of scope that has
knobs or crank be better?
Rick in Tennessee

Gustavo José Herrera-Marcano

Nov 28, 2008, 10:28:42 AM11/28/08
to ASTRON...@googlegroups.com

2008/11/28 cycledogg <cycl...@hotmail.com>
Dear friend,
You adjust the telescope focus by pulling out or pusshing in the tube that holds the eye piece. Be sure that the telescope is properly and soundly sitting on firm ground.
Sincerely yours

--
Gustavo Herrera-Marcano