FW: Baltimore Green Forum - Sunday, October 26 - A New Concept for Intentional Communities

1 view

Mare Cromwell

Oct 9, 2014, 9:24:48 AM10/9/14
to GREEN events | Baltimore, walklightly

Sunday, October 26, 2014
4:00-5:30 PM
Optional Discussion
5:30 – 6:30 PM

Maryland Presbyterian Church
1105 Providence Road, Towson, MD 21286

http://www.mpchurch.org/location-2/ <http://www.mpchurch.org/About.htm>

NEW KOINONIA
A New Concept for Intentional Communities
Speakers: Paul E. Schoen and Robert Thomason

Intentional communities have been in existence for hundreds of years, but many have failed for various reasons. New Koinonia <http://www.newkoinonia.com/> plans to include older proven concepts and evolving technology to provide a healthy alternative to the unsustainable lifestyles to which most people aspire, and may set an example for those who wish to live in harmony with nature and yet not totally abandon the comforts and frills to which we have become accustomed. This is a new concept which is still evolving and we invite everyone to contribute ideas and share in its building and continued existence.
Paul is a long-time member of the Baltimore Green Forum, The Sierra Club, and other environmental organizations, and lived and worked at the original Koinonia that inspired his dream. Robert supports the concept and is cultivating a nature preserve.

<http://www.baltimoregreenforum.org/>

The Baltimore Green Forum seeks to educate and stimulate dialogue about what humans can do to make modern civilization more sustainable, including adjusting to finite resource limits and preserving biodiversity and a healthy environment.
 We do this through 8 monthly meetings a year.  The topics are far ranging.  They vary from local to planetary and from  philosophical to scientific to very practical.

The Meeting Format:  There is a speaker and Q&A from 4-5:15 pm.  Then there are brief announcements by representatives other organizations that also seek sustainability and environmental protection.  We thereby promote collaboration among these organizations.  Next, there is an optional roundtable discussion  until 6:30 pm.  Finally, there is often a small gathering at a nearby restaurant.

BGF is open to the public and is free of charge, but donations to Maryland Presbyterian Church are collected during the meeting to thank the church for their generous gift of the space to us.

For questions, comments or to co-sponsor, please call Sam Hopkins at 410 554 0006 or email us at  baltimore...@gmail.com <mailto:baltimore...@gmail.com>

 For information about our past programs and more, including power point presentations for some of these programs go to:  http://www.baltimoregreen forum.org <http://www.baltimoregreenforum.org/>

 <tel:410-554-0006>

The Baltimore Green Forum is Co-Sponsored by:
Simplicity Matters Earth Institute
<http://www.simplicity-matters.org/> ~ Chesapeake Climate Action Network <http://www.chesapeakeclimate.org/>
MD League of Conservation Voters Education Fund
<http://www.marylandconservation.org/> ~ Greater Baltimore Group of the Sierra Club <http://maryland.sierraclub.org/baltimore>
Heathcote Community <http://www.heathcote.org/>
~ Retrofit Baltimore <http://www.retrofitbaltimore.org/> ~ Creation Care Group of the Presbytery of Baltimore <http://www.creationcarebaltimore.com/>
Interfaith Power and Light <http://gwipl.org/about-us/> ~ Baltimore Green Currency Assn <http://baltimoregreencurrency.org/>
Help us publicize this event!
Please
post a copy of this flyer in your workplace or neighborhood!

------ End of Forwarded Message