FW: Baltimore Green Forum, Sunday, March 22: RECYCLING - Everything You Every Wanted to Know about It

Mare Cromwell

Mar 14, 2015, 9:03:04 PM3/14/15
to greencity...@yahoogroups.com, walklightly

------ Forwarded Message
From: Baltimore Green Forum <baltimore...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 00:25:56 -0500
To: BGF inbox <baltimore...@gmail.com>
Subject: Baltimore Green Forum, Sunday, March 22: RECYCLING - Everything You Every Wanted to Know about It

BALTIMORE GREEN FORUM
a monthly environmental education and discussion forum

Sunday, March 22, 2015
4:00-5:30 PM
Optional Affinity Groups 5:30 – 6:30 PM

 Maryland Presbyterian Church
1105 Providence Road, Towson, MD 21286

http://www.mpchurch.org/location-2/ <http://www.mpchurch.org/About.htm>

Topic:
The Baltimore City Recycling Program
Your Chance to Learn Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Recycling

Speaker:

​ ​

Robert Murrow*
Coordinator, Baltimore City Recyling Program

Baltimore recycles almost 30% of its trash.   This is a complicated and challenging endeavor.   There are many questions which we have all had about recycling but never had the chance to ask when face to face with a person in charge of a huge and multifaceted recycling program.   Well, this is your chance to ask those questions.

For an overview of the Baltimore City program that is provided by the Maryland MDE click on:
http://www.mde.state.md.us/programs/Land/RecyclingandOperationsprogram/EducationandOutreach/Documents/www.mde.state.md.us/assets/document/recycling/Baltimore_City.pdf

For the website of the Baltimore City Recycling Program click on:  http://publicworks.baltimorecity.gov/Recycling.aspx <http://publicworks.baltimorecity.gov/Recycling.aspx>

<http://www.mde.state.md.us/programs/Land/RecyclingandOperationsprogram/EducationandOutreach/Documents/www.mde.state.md.us/assets/document/recycling/Baltimore_City.pdf>

 The Baltimore Green Forum seeks to educate and stimulate dialogue about what humans can do to make modern civilization more sustainable, including adjusting to finite resource limits and preserving biodiversity and a healthy environment.
 We do this through 8 monthly meetings a year.  The topics are far ranging.  They vary from local to planetary and from  philosophical to scientific to very practical.

The Meeting Format:  There is a speaker and Q&A from 4-5:15 pm.  Then there are brief announcements by representatives other organizations that also seek sustainability and environmental protection.  We thereby promote collaboration among these organizations.  Next, there is an optional roundtable discussion  until 6:30 pm.  Finally, there is often a small gathering at a nearby restaurant.

BGF is open to the public and is free of charge, but donations to Maryland Presbyterian Church are collected during the meeting to thank the church for their generous gift of the space to us.

Help us publicize this event!
Please
post a copy of this flyer in your workplace or neighborhood!

------ End of Forwarded Message