Cancer Patient w/ no immune system seeks art supplies to keep from going bonkers!

Mitch Cohen

Nov 29, 2022, 11:08:57 PM11/29/22
to Send to MailChimp, Artists At Large Mailing List
Hi, One of my neighbors posted this on Nextdoor.
If you have something to donate - bring it to the art market this Saturday or next.
Or jot me a note back for other options.

Thanks!
_______

Cancer Patient w/ no immune system seeks art supplies to keep from going bonkers! Hi neighbors! I’ve posted in the past and I’ve been absolutely blown away by your generosity. I’m on day +20 post cell therapy for leukemia, and I’m going a little stir crazy. I’ve worked my way through the old magazines and other wonderful art supplies, and I’m on the home stretch of treatment so I shouldn’t risk my normal trips to the Art Asylum because of my severely immunocompromised state. I’m wondering if you might have any of the following extra or unwanted supplies: hot glue gun and sticks, feathers, old leather goods, old rope or leather cord, old bones, skulls, porcupine quills, or horse shoes (because hot glue knows no bounds) beads or broken jewelry (like turquoise or agate style), painting ceramics (like horses, bison, longhorn, cactus, cowboy boots) and any western, cowboy, or wildflower/bluebonnet/cactus themed fabric.

Think ALL things western; I’ve been binging Yellowstone and 1883 on repeat for over a year. And, I’m learning how to sew - while it’s not pretty, I’m very very determined! I’ve also been teaching myself guitar, so if someone has an inexpensive one that I could purchase I’d be very appreciative! Anything collecting dust at your house that you don’t think you’ll use would be amazing. Thank you thank you thank you, neighbors!