Fresh Arts Summit 2022 // Session announcement 💥

Mitch Cohen

Aug 1, 2022, 7:04:25 PM8/1/22
to Send to MailChimp, Artists At Large Mailing List
Hi ya!

This is worth it y'all - BONUS:
Use this discount code to get 10% off of RegistrationArtValet2022

Early-bird registration ends August 5th
Use this discount code & get 10% off of RegistrationArtValet2022
EARLY-BIRD REGISTRATION ENDS AUGUST 5!

Join us August 19-20, 2022 at Silver Street Studios for the 4th annual Fresh Arts Summit as we present a two-day series of artist panels, round table discussions, presentations and peer-to-peer learning opportunities focused on Building Community across creative communities.

Topics will include supporting artists and collaborations, fundraising and funding models, connecting and supporting communities, and more. Sessions will be led by organizational partners and field experts including practicing artists and other creative leaders working in the Houston arts community.

The Summit is ideal for emerging to established artists, makers, and creatives of all disciplines who seek to expand their peer network and tap into local resources.

Fresh Arts Summit: August 19-20, 2022
Silver Street Studios
2000 Edwards Street, Houston, TX 77007
(MAP)

Learn more
SUMMIT REGISTRATION

Register by August 5th to take advantage of Early-bird Registration pricing ($125)!  Fresh Arts Members receive 10% discount. Pricing increases to $150 starting August 6th.

Summit Weekend Pass includes:

  • Access to 2-conference days (Aug 19 + 20)
  • Summit swag bag
  • Digital Summit Guide Book
  • Snacks/refreshments all weekend long
  • Friday cocktail reception
  • Saturday Breakfast + lunch
  • (1) Drink ticket redeemable at the Saturday Closing Party at Urban South Brewery
Register Here
SATURDAY SESSION SNEAK PEAK!
PRESENTATIONS
Building Your Audience + Community: Relationship + Networking Fundamentals
Creating community begins with connecting with one person. Attend this session to learn the fundamentals on building relationships and networking.

Collaborations - Where and How Do I Start?
Working with others can produce amazing projects, but shifting from solo work can be difficult. Learn some best practices for collaboration to set your project up for success.

Alternative Fundraising Strategies
Grants aren't always an option for a variety of reasons, but producing projects and programs still cost money. Attend this session to learn about alternative strategies to reach your fundraising goals.

Building Your Audience + Community: In The Digital Realm
As we've learned in the past few years, building a digital presence and community is valuable. Gain insight building meaningful and sustainable community in the digital world.

ROUND TABLES:
Restorative Rest
Hustle culture can be seen everywhere, but that lifestyle isn't sustainable for everyone. Join this round-table session to discuss practical ways to achieve work-life balance and what it means to be sustainable in your practice.

PANELS:
Creating Co-Working Spaces
Join our panelists as they discuss the spaces and places they've established for their respective creative communities and dive deep into why these spaces are important.

Houston Grant Opportunities + Fiscal Sponsorship
Come listen and ask questions to our panelists about funding opportunities that exist for Houstonians; And take notes from others who've used Fiscal Sponsorship as a way to support their projects.

Building Your Audience + Community: At Scale
While creating your community is important, joining a community can be just as impactful. Join our panelists as they discuss the organizations they've established or work for, and how those organizations facilitate community building.

ACCESSIBILITY

Fresh Arts is committed to providing a Summit experience that is welcoming and accessible to our diverse audience. In previous Summits we have had the privilege to offer Communication Access Real-time Translation (CART) Services, Closed Captioning, and Downloadable Transcripts in English and Spanish.

If you would benefit from accessibility accommodations, please fill out the following form.

Summit Accommodations Form

Registration may also be completed via telephone or email.

SUMMIT ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thank you to our 2022 Summit Planning Committee members who have lent their time and expertise in the planning process:

Stacey Allen, Eepi Chaad, Connie Leon, and Arnea Williams.

SUMMIT SPONSORS

The 2022 Fresh Arts Summit is generously funded in part by the Texas Commission on the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts. Fresh Arts’ 2022 professional development programs are additionally sponsored in part by Houston Endowment, Art Colony Association and with support from our generous Gala underwriters and Fresh Arts Members.

Website
Facebook
Instagram
LinkedIn
Twitter
Fresh Arts 2022 programs are sponsored in part by:

Art Houston Magazine  *  Art Colony Association  *  Brown Foundation  *  City of Houston through Houston Arts Alliance  *  Deal Co.  *  Frost Bank  *  Houston Endowment  *  Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs *  Mid-America Arts Alliance  *  National Endowment for the Arts  *  Port Houston  *  Sesh Coworking *  Texas Commission on the Arts  *  Arts District Houston Partners  *  Friends of Fresh Arts Members  *  and our generous gala supporters and individual donors.

For the past 20 years, Fresh Arts has empowered local artists and creatives of all disciplines with the resources and tools to succeed and worked towards building a supportive and accessible network that champions the artists who make Houston a more vibrant and creative place to live.

This email was sent to artv...@gmail.com
Fresh Arts · PO Box 66494 · Houston, TX 77266-6494 · USA