Artist Resource Newsletter: August 2021

Mitch Cohen

Aug 5, 2021, 8:28:41 PM8/5/21
to Artists At Large Mailing List
Hi ya!

1 of 2 emails tonight.

Join the Artists AT LARGE facebook group. Share opportunities, art news or your art!  > https://www.facebook.com/groups/artistsatlarge

-Mitch
===================
FreshArts August 2021

Local and Regional Opportunities
for Houston Artists

Artist
Resource
Newsletter

Artist Resource Newsletter

This Roundup edition features opportunity shout outs to Harris County, Gulf Coast Journal, Poets & Writers, The Wallace Foundation, Box13, Mercury Chamber Orchestra, Terremoto, Art League Houston, and more. The Resource Roundup, powered by Fresh Arts, is hosted the first and third Thursday of the month LIVE on YouTube and Facebook.

Tune in here

Fresh Arts Resources

Fresh Arts' Podcast Season 2
Coming soon!

"Should I or Shouldn't I" is a 45-minute, conversational podcast for artists that aims to provide different viewpoints to different issues relevant to the contemporary creative’s career development by simply asking: should I or shouldn’t I?

Listen to Season 1 to catch up on discussions from Houston artists on career topics such as: Should I or Shouldn't I Go Full-time with my Art Career?; Should I or Shouldn't I Move to Another City for its Art Scene?; Should I or Shouldn't I Seek to be Represented by a Professional?; and more!

Submit an Opportunity

Call for Entries

DUE DATE: ASAP

HARRIS COUNTY RECOVERY ASSISTANCE

Harris County Recovery Assistance is a Harris County-funded program that will provide $30 million in emergency financial assistance to help Harris County residents who are experiencing financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Harris County Recovery Assistance program provides a one-time payment of $1,500 to eligible households for necessary expenses, such as healthcare, rent, utilities, food, internet connectivity, transportation and childcare.

More Info

additional call for entries

BOX 13 ARTSPACE: CALL FOR EXHIBITION PROPOSALS
Deadline: August 15 | Crafting Arts, Visual Arts

GULF COAST JOURNAL: 2021 TONI BEAUCHAMP PRIZE IN CRITICAL ART WRITING
Deadline: August 31 | Visual Arts, Literary Arts

view ALL

Grant Opportunities

DUE DATE: Rolling

POETS & WRITERS: READINGS & WORKSHOPS MINI-GRANTS

Mini-grants for readings or spoken word performances range from $50 to $350. Grants for workshops range from $100 to $200* per session. Organizations are encouraged to match P&W’s payment to the writer. However, if your organization is not able to match or add to the request, we will still consider the application.

More Info

THE WALLACE FOUNDATION: NEW INITIATIVE FOR ARTS ORGANIZATIONS AND RESEARCHERS OF COLOR
Deadline: August 13 | Cinema Arts, Crafting Arts, Dance, Literary Arts, Music, Theater, Visual Arts

view ALL

Work

DUE: August 20

MERCURY CHAMBER ORCHESTRA: PATRON RELATIONS MANAGER

The successful Patron Relations Manager will build vital connections with new and established Mercury patrons, manage confidential marketing/fundraising data, meet sales and patron retention goals, and provide excellent service and attention to patrons by phone, email, and in person. This position requires the ability to handle onsite box office and ticketing responsibilities for Mercury performances at the Wortham Center and various venues across Houston.

More Info

TERREMOTO: GUEST EDITOR & CURATOR
Deadline: August 20 | Visual Arts
view ALL

Skill Building

Due Date: August 27

ART LEAGUE HOUSTON: HEALING ART PROGRAM

Responding to community needs in 1990, ALH – in partnership with artist Patrick Palmer – established the Healing Art program for adults living with HIV/AIDS. Five years later, ALH expanded the program to serve adults living with other severe illnesses such as cancer, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia and physical disabilities. Led by experienced artist-teachers, the program provides students with an extensive support structure in a safe and creative environment and is one of the only programs of its kind for adults in Houston outside of hospital or clinical settings.

More Info

view ALL

Residencies

DUE DATE: August 15

THE FOUNTAINHEAD RESIDENCY

This residency is dedicated to artists who were born outside of the United States and now live and work within its borders. At the core of Fountainhead’s mission is the belief that artists and their work can shift hearts and minds toward a more hopeful and equitable future. With that in mind, we initiated this thematic residency around the topic of immigration, generously sponsored by the Shepard Broad Foundation.

More Info

view ALL

Get Involved

d93f2ac6-cc0d-4739-bae4-b6db02d4668f.jpg 1bb58bd4-50a7-40f1-ac4b-7385e00f0016.jpg
a32cb275-50e9-4ee0-9c07-de62b161153c.jpg 34b76932-9046-4992-b839-13da1d2f7d47.jpg

Fresh Arts Funders

THank you to our sponsors

Houston Endowment, The Brown Foundation, Inc., Texas Commission on the Arts, Mid-America Arts Alliance, & the Art Colony Association.
FreshArts Intersecting Arts,
Commerce, and
Community

Our Mission
We champion local artists and creative entrepreneurs to succeed in the business of art.

fresharts.org
facebook
twitter
instagrm
linkedin
youtube
flickr
facebook twitter instagrm linkedin youtube flickr

Fresh Arts · PO Box 66494 · Houston, TX 77266-6494 · USA