The 2021 Summit Session Lineup!

Mitch Cohen

May 27, 2021, 12:25:56 PM5/27/21
to Send to MailChimp, Artists At Large Mailing List

Join us LIVE or watch the REPLAYS, it's up to you!

Fresh Arts presents the 3rd annual Fresh Arts Summit: June 4-5, 2021, a virtual conference featuring a mix of interactive and informative sessions and conversations highlighting over two dozen local artists and creative experts!

RESERVE MY SUMMIT PASS
2021 Summit Sessions

Session 1  |  Sat. June 5th, 10 - 11AM
Rethink Your Website to Drive More Traffic & Sell More Products

Presented by Brittany Bly

It’s not enough to have a beautiful website. Your website needs to make it easy for viewers to understand how to connect, it should excite them, show them something new, and most importantly it should make purchasing easy. This session will teach you about basic building blocks: WordPress, Shopify, Etsy, and Amazon. You’ll learn about these tools, and how to turn visitors into subscribers, fans, friends, and customers.

Summit attendees will receive access to the “Grow my Website” e-book! Register for this session.

Session 2  |  Sat. June 5th, 11:30AM - 12:30PM

Virtual Platforms for Creative Projects: Breakout Discussions on Podcasting, Virtual Exhibitions + Performances

Featuring Eepi Chaad, Jamie Robertson, + Deborah DEEP Mouton

The arts have been venturing into virtual offerings to provide safe alternatives for audiences. With the pandemic’s end in sight, what have artists learned from these digital platforms that can carry forward into a post-pandemic arts landscape? This session will have three breakout rooms to choose from that focus on different avenues of online publishing for artists to consider. Register for this session.

Session 3  |  Sat. June 5th, 1 – 2PM

Live Panel + Group Discussion – Making Art in Chaotic Times

Featured artists include Royal Sumikat, Miles Payne, + Marc Newsome

A pandemic, an election, protests, a freeze, violence, and now hurricane season? Focusing on one’s art can be daunting in times where social change and political shifts are happening consecutively and concurrently. This panel will feature artists creating and organizing despite and/or due to these moments of unrest. Register for this session.

Session 4  |  Sat. June 5th, 2:30 – 3:30PM

Behind the Scenes Podcast Recording + Artist Talk on Artist Collaborations

Featuring Y.E. Torres, Koomah, + Reyes Ramirez

Season 1 of Fresh Arts Podcast series entitled “Should I or Shouldn’t I” featured a dozen Houston-based creatives and aimed to provide different viewpoints to different issues relevant to the contemporary creative’s career development by simply asking: “should I or shouldn’t I….?”  In this Summit session we’ll give attendees a behind-the-scenes look on podcasting as we record our first episode for season 2: Should I or Shouldn’t Collaborate with Other Artistic Disciplines (premiering this fall!). We will have two guests to discuss their experiences in developing and executing inter/multi-disciplinary projects and/or events from the ground up. Register for this session.

Session 5  |  Sat. June 5th, 4 – 5PM

The Future of Equity for Artists of Color in Houston

Panel Discussion with local arts leaders Janice Bond, Faith Hillis, + Shayna Schlosberg

Houston is considered one of the most diverse cities in America, yet “that diversity is not proportionally reflected in the workforce and audiences of its arts and culture organizations,” according to an SMU DataArts study. What does ‘equity’ mean? What does ‘equity’ look like? What is ‘equity for artists’ in the context of this major American city? Building off of our ‘Equity in the Arts’ series of conversations, this panel will feature arts leaders discussing and imagining how the answers to these complex questions do or could exist. Register for this session.

PLUS a Friday night Keynote presentation, a Pre-Summit Session on Multiple Income Streams and a series of Art Break video activities and tutorials available to watch on-demand before the Summit weekend.

CHECK OUT THE FULL SCHEDULE

2021 Summit Presenters:
Outspoken Bean
Brittany Bly
Janice Bond
Carrie Brummer
Eepi Chaad
Kam Franklin
Justin Garcia
Faith Hillis
Dusti Joyner
Koomah
Natalie Malinowski

Deborah DEEP Mouton
Dennis Nance
Marc Newsome
Miles Payne
Reyes Ramirez
Jamie Robertson
Dominique Røyem
Shayna Schlosberg
Carla Sue
Royal Sumikat
Y. E. Torres
Summit Accessibility

All Summit sessions, excluding the Networking Break Rooms, will include closed captioning in both English and Spanish. Transcripts in in both languages will be made available for download within 72 hours of the Summit weekend.

If you need assistance registering for the Summit or accessing any of the sessions, please feel free to reach out to us.

2021 Fresh Arts Summit Sponsors
The 2021 Fresh Arts Summit is generously funded in part by the Texas Commission on the Arts, Mid-America Arts Alliance, the National Endowment for the Arts, and the state arts agencies of Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Fresh Arts is sponsored in part by:
Alice Kleberg Reynolds Foundation  *  Art Houston Magazine  *  Art Colony Association  *  BBVA Brown *Foundation  * Frost Bank  *  Houston Endowment *  Humanities Texas  *  Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs  Mid-America Arts Alliance  *  National Endowment for the Arts  * Texas Commission on the Arts   Union Pacific  *  Arts District Partners  *  Friends of Fresh Arts  *  and our generous gala supporters.

FreshArtsIntersecting Arts,
Commerce, and
Community

OUR MISSION
We champion local artists and creative entrepreneurs to succeed in the business of art.

FRESHARTS.ORG
facebook
twitter
instagrm