Error while watershed delineation

Lee

Nov 12, 2021, 1:36:24 AM11/12/21
to ArcSWAT
Hi,

As shown in the attached image, I am getting an error after subbasin parameter calculation is completed. ArcSWAT exports to raster GDB and then starts to remove temporary grids, and this is when my ArcMap crashes. I've sent error reports to ESRI about this problem, but I have not heard back.

I know the problem is not about my DEM or predefined watershed and stream shapefiles, since I am using the same ones that used to work just fine for my previous SWAT model development and simulation. Just in case I have upgraded my ArcMap from the previous 10.5.1 to 10.7.1 and reinstalled ArcSWAT for 10.7.1. However, I am still getting the same error. ArcMap crashes while removing temporary grids.

When I reopen the ArcSWAT project, I can proceed with HRU definition, but then writing configuration file gives an error, saying "Index was outside the bounds of the arrays". It seems that the error I get during watershed delineation is causing the configuration file writing error. My .fig file includes all subbasins but is missing all routes.

I really have no idea what is wrong and what else I can try to resolve the errors I am getting. I would greatly appreciate your help/suggestion/advice.

Thank you.

Best.
Lee

error image1.png
error image2.png

Osvaldo Barresi

Nov 12, 2021, 2:35:43 AM11/12/21
to ArcSWAT
This looks like a DEM problem to me. I would do the process again, clipping and extracting by mask process (making sure that the shapefile is correct so that DEM cut is as expected).

Lee

Nov 12, 2021, 3:12:32 AM11/12/21
to ArcSWAT
Thank you for your suggestion.

I have tried again with the double-checked DEM cut, but unfortunately ArcMap still crashes.

Just to clarify, subbasin parameter calculation is successfully completed, which may indicate that my DEM and shapefiles are fine. After subbasin parameter calculation, ArcSWAT automatically exports to raster GDB and then starts to remove temporary grids. In THIS stage, ArcMap crashes.

I can reopen ArcSWAT project mxd and proceed with defining HRUs. But then writing the first input table, .fig file, gives an error saying "Index was outside the bounds of the arrays". Do you have any idea what might be causing this error for writing .fig file? Could it be related to the ArcMap crash problem after subbasin parameter calculation?

Thank you.

Best,
Lee

2021년 11월 11일 목요일 오후 11시 35분 43초 UTC-8에 obar...@agro.uba.ar님이 작성:

akhtar.f...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2023, 5:19:01 PM2/28/23
to ArcSWAT
Hi Lee,
Could you fix this problem, if so how? I face exactly the same issue but can't figure out what the actual problem is?

Thank you

Anura Ranwala

Mar 4, 2023, 10:21:08 AM3/4/23
to akhtar.f...@gmail.com, ArcSWAT
When I was learning ArcSWAT these errors came up. The best thing is to try again with the modifications to the DEM. Try filling the DEM using ArcGIS or if you have a different DEM try it. Retrying with modifications is the solution I found. Also, check the answers given in the blog for similar issues.

Sincerely,
D A J Ranwala
අනුර රන්වල

seyed mostafa

Sep 18, 2023, 2:36:50 PM9/18/23
to ArcSWAT
Hello
I'd like to utilize my custom subbasin and stream data in the Watershed Delineation step of ArcSWAT because my study area is relatively flat (south florida_ Harny pond Basin). There's a predefined section where I can include the watershed dataset and stream dataset. I've comprehended all the attribute tables for the user-defined watersheds in the ExInputs folder, and I've successfully set up my case study. However, when I try to run the model, I encounter error number 13 (I attached my error pic). Could someone kindly assist me? Do you have any suggestions for what might have caused this issue?
My best regards to you,
Seyed
Study_Area_DEM30M_UTM.zip
Screenshot 2023-09-17 100606.png