Potash as a Nutrient Input

Shuvra Bijukshe

Nov 14, 2021, 1:18:01 PM11/14/21
to ArcSWAT
Hello,
Do ArcSWAT allows input of potash as a nutrient? If so, how we can incorporate it into the model with which code ID of nutrient?
Please!
Shuvra

Jim Almendinger

Nov 14, 2021, 4:35:12 PM11/14/21
to Shuvra Bijukshe, ArcSWAT
Unless things have changed, SWAT does not track potassium (only N and P).  I don't know if there's a way you can add it in yourself as a conservative ion to be tracked.
-- Jim

R Srinivasan

Nov 14, 2021, 4:58:55 PM11/14/21
to Jim Almendinger, Shuvra Bijukshe, ArcSWAT
Correct. No K.
However APEX model can handle K.

Sent from my iPhone

Shuvra Bijukshe

Nov 19, 2021, 11:26:11 AM11/19/21
to ArcSWAT
Greetings!
If there is potash fertilizer applied on the field, in this case, is there any way to to find out equivalent fertilizer code that works in ArcSWAT?
Thank you

Shuvra Bijukshe

Feb 5, 2022, 8:08:38 PM2/5/22
to ArcSWAT
Hello,
Thank you for your previous suggestion.
This time I have a query regarding fertilizer rate and its unit while entering in ArcSWAT. Do we have to insert FRT_KG in kilogram and FRT_SURFACE in hectare as "1" in the dialog box of Edit Management parameters?
Thank you