Irrigation>.mgt

bumble bee

Sep 8, 2021, 4:32:45 PM9/8/21
to ArcSWAT
Good day all

I have been having some trouble removing water via irrigation from one of the reaches in one of my subbasins (the reach is reach 23 ). the simulated outflow of the reach is 10 (m^3/s) and I need it to be 2(m^3/s). I know that water is pulled form the reach for irrigation, but no matter what I do and what I change. The flow for reach 23 stays the same. I tried changing the .mgt files for all HRUs in subbasin 23. is this correct? Should I be changing other files too?

Within the .mgt file I have the values set as follows:
Irrigation Management Parameters
               1    | IRRSC: irrigation code
               23    | IRRNO: irrigation source location
           1.000    | FLOWMIN: min in-stream flow for irr diversions (m^3/s)
           -10.000    | DIVMAX: max irrigation diversion from reach (+mm/-10^4m^3)
           1.000    | FLOWFR: : fraction of flow allowed to be pulled for irr

No matter how I change these values, nothing changes for reach 23's streamflow
Hope you have some advice
Kind regards
Jurie

Nancy B. Sammons

Sep 10, 2021, 12:18:10 PM9/10/21
to bumble bee, ArcSWAT

Jurie – I think it would be best to make the changes in the ArcSWAT interface, and an important step would be to rewrite the files in ArcSWAT so the text files will be updated.    I am not sure if this is helpful or you have already done so.

Nancy