Aquarium LED Lighting Reviews

carlrs

Jan 5, 2011, 5:25:04 PM1/5/11
to aquariu...@googlegroups.com
I updated the Aquarium Article Digest Article reviewing different LED aquarium lights.

I added information about the Ecoxotic Panorama Strips, Orphek, Boost LED and more.

LED Light Review; I added information about the Ecoxotic Panorama Strips, Orphek, Boost LED

Carl

in...@hacienda-heights.net

Jun 7, 2013, 2:27:16 PM6/7/13
to aquariu...@googlegroups.com, ca...@americanaquariumproducts.com
Hi, new here from this group:

Anyway, I noticed this thread about Aquarium LED Reviews and decided to add my two cents here:

From:
& this section in particular:

Many often get sold on the excellent marketing of the otherwise inferior EcoTech Radions
It amazes me that many who will scoff at using a cool white fluorescent light for their reef or planted aquarium will purchase an LED that uses inferior cool white emitters such as the EcoTech Radion

Very Ironic isn't it?

Carlrs

Dec 16, 2013, 10:35:07 AM12/16/13
to aquariu...@googlegroups.com, ca...@americanaquariumproducts.com
G;
Warranties are another issue.

In this very same article that you posted, the section lays out the issues many aquarium LEDs such as the TaoTronics & Ocean Revive may suffer from.
That is cooling fan break downs that have now have also resulted in reported fires.
With the short life spans, fires, and twice the energy consumption for questionably equal PUR output, it is crazy to even consider one of these cheap Chinese LEDs for your reef or planted aquarium

Carl

Carlrs

May 11, 2016, 5:19:51 PM5/11/16
to Aquarium pumps, ca...@americanaquariumproducts.com
Dug up this old thread after reading your review of the way over rated by groups such as PNWMAC

Among the many point you made, this one stood out:
"Finally let’s look at the warranty of the Ocean Revive & Evergrow Aquarium LED Light. These are only warranted for ONE YEAR.

Compare this to the industry leader that is for 5 years for the fixture.

Why is this extreme difference?
Well, this is where I will venture from scientific fact and offer an opinion. The Industry leader, TMC AquaRay, utilizes the vastly superior driver technology, which produces much less heat.
This heat is destructive to LED units and frankly, breakdowns of cooling fans is a known issue with most brands that utilize cooling fans."

https://aquariumopinions.com/2013/12/23/review-of-ocean-revive-evergrow-led-lights-for-reef-aquariums/

Carl

Carlrs

Jun 21, 2016, 6:12:54 PM6/21/16
to Aquarium pumps, ca...@americanaquariumproducts.com
Here is an excellent article by friend who has put in a lot of research time and also respects the history of the aquarium hobby and history as well, knowing well that mentoring is becoming a lost art, yet is so important for full learning (unfortunately lost on so many forums or so called lighting scientists such as Cara Wade)

https://aquarium-digest.com/2010/04/11/led-aquarium-lights-lighting/

Carl

Gregg H.

Jun 27, 2016, 12:16:48 PM6/27/16
to Aquarium pumps, ca...@americanaquariumproducts.com
I too recommend this article to many of my customers seeking good and honest information, not the usual crap put forth in so many online forums