What is the BEST aquarium or pond UV Sterilizer?

Carlrs

Aug 8, 2018, 2:17:20 PM8/8/18
to Aquarium pumps
Easy answer:

Tropic Marine Center, Vecton 200, UV15, UV25 and UV110 PRO, Pond Advantage

TMC Pro Pond, Aquarium, & Hydroponics
High Flow In-Line TRUE UV Sterilizer/Clarifier

Vecton & Pond Advantage
Premium 'Category A' High Dwell Time UVs

  • The highest dwell/exposure time ultraviolet sterilizer/clarifier.
  • The BEST construction in a market flooded with low quality units.
  • For pond green water control & disease control. Including large ponds UVs.
  • For aquariums, capable of Level 1 and 2 Sterilization.
  • Quartz sleeve, sturdy construction, excellent parts availability.
  • HO (high output) straight tube professional UV sterilizers with maximum mW/cm2 UVC exposure.

TMC Vecton & Advantage TRue UV Sterilizers, 3 year guarantee The Tropic Marine Centre Pond & Aquarium TRUE UV Sterilizers feature solid construction. Built by a company long recognized as a industry leaders in its innovation and quality of products.
THESE CATEGORY 'A' STERILIZERS HAVE THE HIGHEST DWELL TIME OF ANY COMPARABLE BRAND UV STERILIZER!

As well, these UV Clarifiers are built with low pressure, high output UV-C bulbs, which has maximize water contact/dwell time. Unlike many comparable high priced units.

New LOWER prices from the UV Sterilizer Experts here at American Aquarium Products;
North Americas Largest Seller of TMC UVs!

Many pond UV Clarifier/Sterilizers currently on the market come with high price tags for features such as “wipers”, which do little to improve UV Sterilization (& often break quickly). When one considers a UV should be serviced every six months in the first place (wipers do little for the main problem that needs servicing; calcium buildup).

As well, ALL models of TMC UVs are quite simple to change the UV Lamp. In most cases, the housing opens with the removal of a three screws and the bulb easily slide out of the quartz sleeve.

Vecton Level one or two UV Sterilizer with twin canister filters

  • The Vecton aquarium UV has a more compact design than the otherwise same dwell, flow design of the Advantage, with opposite return/outflow specifically for aquariums. The Advantage can be used either for pond or aquarium. We recommend the Vecton primarily for aquarium use.
    The picture to the right displays a Vecton 200 8 Watt UV mounted to a canister filter combination.

  • Both the Vecton and Advantage are vastly easier to service than most popular Compact UV Sterilizers (including ones we sell), with the results being much less chance of a broken quartz sleeves during service of the UV.

  • Both the Vecton & Pond Advantage UV Sterilizer/Clarifier are superior to ALL popular compact UV Sterilizer/Clarifiers sold today (including those we sell).
    As well, there's no comparison between the TMC True UV Sterilizer/Clarifier, the popular Internal/Submersible, and especially the Hang On UVs which AT BEST are clarifiers, NOT level 1 or higher UV sterilizers..
    These TMC UVs provide long exposure/high dwell time per wattage of UVC irradiation (again unlike many of the HO UVs, which have inadequate exposure time as per wattage of UVC). The Result is that all the TMC UVs can handle flow rates 5-20 gph per watt more than most other UV Sterilizer/Clarifier to perform the same level. (Clarification, Level 1, & Level 2).

    As an example, the TMC 8 Watt Vecton will outperform ANY 13 watt compact UV sterilizer due to vastly superior dwell time time!

    The TMC 8 Watt Vecton produces 2.08 watts of UVC energy per second while the best Compact 13 watt UV produces 1.95 watts of UVC energy per second!
    See: UV Sterilization; Dwell Time Test between UVs

  • Quite bluntly, there's no better UV Sterilizer/Clarifier watt per watt than the TMC UV Sterilizer/Clarifier at any price.

  • Finally, please note, while our suggested aquarium/pond sizes; as well as recommended flow rates, may seem lower than most other web sites UV Sterilizers/Clarifiers. Even what the manufacturer writes on the box. This is because we publish tested, proven flow rate, and aquarium/pond size suggestions based on our 30 years experience. Not best case scenario or even impossible flow rates.

    As well, recommended aquarium or pond sizes are ONLY a guide and our recommendation often varies from the manufacturer since water turnover and flow rates are much more important!