Aquarium Information

1 view

Carl

Sep 28, 2018, 6:15:25 PM9/28/18
to Aquarium Maintenance

Aquarium, Pond Information

Aquarium Information, Pond Information

Aquarium Information
| Fish & Pond Help | Advice | Research

The Internet's premier aquatic resource library with well researched, up-to-date aquarium and pond information, articles, answers, help, and continual growing with many more resources.

Including a link to: “Aquarium and Pond Answers”

Based on over 40 years of professional aquarium maintenance, experience, and research.

Updated 8/29/18

Unlike many aquatic websites, much of our research is outside the aquarium industry/hobby, so as to not rely on common anecdotal assumptions (such as Redox).
We also use aquaculture, horticulture, medical, lighting industry, and university research papers to pair with Carl Strohmeyer's professional experience & mentoring by other professionals dating back to 1977 to compile many of our articles.
These articles are NOT based on fads, popular aquarium keeping personalities, or purchasing popularity like some new-comers that are now popular despite little actual experience, mentoring or research.

See our Summary Basic Aquatic Information Bio for more about the history of our articles.

Article Research Sponsor for Aquarium Chemistry
Remember, it is your purchases here (both small & large) that keeps these world class information articles free.
Purchasing elsewhere such as Amazon or Chewy.com will only result in this free information going away someday!!

Or please consider a donation (especially International users),
even just $5 helps.

As AAP provides little income for its owner after paying staff (including to help others) & upkeep of this information!

If only 10% of users of this information donated $5, this information will be able to remain free or simply exist in the future!
As sale of support products that in the past paid for this free information (such as aquarium/pond treatments, UV lamps, light, pumps) are but a fraction of what they once were and no longer pays for this information upkeep and sponsorships
Or think of it this way; most persons would not go to a full service restaurant and not leave a tip. Even if you walked into PetCo or any other "brick & mortar" retail establishment and they helped you with a question such as your sick fish, most would not leave without a purchase. Yet our stats software now shows that 99% of our information users no longer support this information monetarily!
It is also noteworthy that the big discounters most often do not sell the same version of a product we carry if they sell it at all (examples include UV Sterilizers/UVC Lamps, & medications such as Medicated Wonder Shells, Merbromin, & Spectrogram), and trying to do something halfway is often a recipe for poor results