HELP

peaches

May 1, 2006, 2:15:27 PM5/1/06
to Ant Control
OK>.......I am so desperate, I tried the urine thing with my red ant
mounds. Didn't phase them, in fact they looked re-charged. I am
trying not to use something so harsh (as in chemicals). But I need to
do something. My 3 year old son is getting slammed by them. I have 1
inch mounds, buried mounds (they love dead stumps), and I have a mound
that is 4 feet high on the bed of an oak tree. My Oak tree is getting
effected, and my apple trees are getting eaten by them. What do I get,
what REALLY works. Thanks so much.

Anke

May 8, 2006, 10:02:18 PM5/8/06
to Ant Control
Yes, it is really important to know what kind of ants you are fighting.

We had problems with fire ants and sugar ants (at least this is what
our exterminator told us), we got treated a couple of times, but it did
not keep them from getting inside.
I got introduced to some non-toxic products and cleaners, and they
really keep the ants away from inside my house.
If you would like to try it our, I can email you the details.
Anke

whitefootedant

May 13, 2006, 1:32:49 PM5/13/06
to Ant Control
Well, I don't know what the "urine thing" is, but if you are supplying
the ants with nitrogen, I'm sure they will thank you with increased
visits. Do you have fire ants (Solenopsis invicta)? If so, I suggest
you try Amdro or Advion.