Permission denied when creating a new file (Android 11)

nordhal...@mixvibes.com

Aug 5, 2021, 5:25:37 PM8/5/21
to android-ndk
Hi,
I'm quite confused with the way Storage Access Framework could work with Native code.

After given the user the choice to select a folder using the intent action OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE, I create my file using DocumentContracts.CreateDocument(...)

However, when I want to open this file in my native code, I have an error saying that I don't have the access to it.
How is it possible ? I thought in Android 11, each file created is owned by the app. Is this different from the native code ?

Thanks

Alex Cohn

Aug 22, 2021, 12:34:30 PM8/22/21
to android-ndk
You should use the file descriptor for document created in intent. Access by file name may go wrong.

BR,
Alex

nordhal...@mixvibes.com

Aug 25, 2021, 6:45:39 PM8/25/21
to android-ndk
Hi Alex,
Thanks for the answer..
Unfortunately, at this point in our native code, we are unable to work with a file descriptor and get an inputStream for here.
My workaround was to generate files within my app directories, and then moving these files using the DocumentContracts and the document tree URI.retrieved from OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE intent.

Best Regards,

Nordhal