Pixer4 reboots when using custom USB audio driver

Flavio

Aug 11, 2021, 4:31:50 AM8/11/21
to android-ndk
Hi All,

our app uses a custom driver that talks directly with USB audio devices.
I've noticed that now our Pixel 4 freezes for a few seconds and then reboots as soon as the app tries to access the USB device. I've verified the same behavior with another app that uses a different USB driver and this happens with multiple different USB audio devices.
I don't know after which update exactly this started, but must be something that changed in the last few months. The issue doesn't seem to happen on the few other Android 11 devices we've tested with.
I was wondering if someone at Google was aware of the issue.

Thanks.

Flavio.