Groups
Groups
Sign in
Groups
Groups
Altair 8800
Conversations
About
Send feedback
Help
Group path
Altair 8800
1–30 of 164
Welcome to the Altair 8800 Google Group. This group is for the discussion of anything related to the MITS Altair 8800 computer and other vintage S100 computer hardware and software.
Mark all as read
Report group
0 selected
Walt Perko
, …
Joseph Corda
38
Oct 1
FujiNet RS-232 adapters ...
Hi, Both are in the BOM so I need to chat with JLCPCB about installing/assembling the bottom
unread,
FujiNet RS-232 adapters ...
Hi, Both are in the BOM so I need to chat with JLCPCB about installing/assembling the bottom
Oct 1
Peter Schmidl
, …
Walt Perko
12
Oct 1
Cromemco ZPU with Altair 8800c
If you are wondering how the cable would look like to connect the ZPU board with the Front panel
unread,
Cromemco ZPU with Altair 8800c
If you are wondering how the cable would look like to connect the ZPU board with the Front panel
Oct 1
Richard Fadden
Sep 30
Here's a Plan for connecting Altairsim and Voyager and Z80pack
To: Altair 8800 Google Group members and S-100 Computers Google Group members: The (Altair 8800) Zoom
unread,
Here's a Plan for connecting Altairsim and Voyager and Z80pack
To: Altair 8800 Google Group members and S-100 Computers Google Group members: The (Altair 8800) Zoom
Sep 30
Peter Sterrantino
2
Sep 27
Altair 8800 Beginner Zoom Meeting Videos
And answering my own post, ChatGPT had this to offer: Yes. I checked the actual Brainless.org page,
unread,
Altair 8800 Beginner Zoom Meeting Videos
And answering my own post, ChatGPT had this to offer: Yes. I checked the actual Brainless.org page,
Sep 27
Richard Fadden
,
Walt Perko
4
Sep 25
Questions to Altair 8800 Google Group members
Hi, I have a nice laptop I only use with my ancient Celestron 4" Maksutov telescope. It can be
unread,
Questions to Altair 8800 Google Group members
Hi, I have a nice laptop I only use with my ancient Celestron 4" Maksutov telescope. It can be
Sep 25
Todd Houg
, …
Patrick Linstruth
32
Sep 24
Using Altairsim with Claude
Your issue has been updated. Thanks! https://github.com/deltecent/altairsim/issues/572 PIP B:=B:DAZ*
unread,
Using Altairsim with Claude
Your issue has been updated. Thanks! https://github.com/deltecent/altairsim/issues/572 PIP B:=B:DAZ*
Sep 24
Walt Perko
,
Joseph Corda
2
Sep 19
The Easy Way to UpLoad Multiple files/programs with PCGET ...
Walt that looks great Maybe this Sunday you can briefly describe more about how you coded this? Did
unread,
The Easy Way to UpLoad Multiple files/programs with PCGET ...
Walt that looks great Maybe this Sunday you can briefly describe more about how you coded this? Did
Sep 19
Todd Houg
,
Patrick Linstruth
5
Sep 18
Prepping documents to feed Claude
Thanks much, A couple of PDF's that I am working on are encrypted, and I found that they needed
unread,
Prepping documents to feed Claude
Thanks much, A couple of PDF's that I am working on are encrypted, and I found that they needed
Sep 18
Walt Perko
Sep 16
Re: Connecting the Reproduction CromemCo ZPU ...
Hi, Oops! I got the labels a little turned around on the Altair 8800 side ... here's the correct
unread,
Re: Connecting the Reproduction CromemCo ZPU ...
Hi, Oops! I got the labels a little turned around on the Altair 8800 side ... here's the correct
Sep 16
Walt Perko
,
Joseph Corda
4
Sep 16
A Few Fun & Utility Programs for the Altair 8800 ...
Hi, I'm working on a .zip file to upload the best programs I've been creating for the last
unread,
A Few Fun & Utility Programs for the Altair 8800 ...
Hi, I'm working on a .zip file to upload the best programs I've been creating for the last
Sep 16
Walt Perko
Sep 14
Found on eBay ... Box of blank 8-level Paper Tape ...
Hi, IF you want to build up your stash of blank Paper Tape: https://www.ebay.com/itm/198600557968
unread,
Found on eBay ... Box of blank 8-level Paper Tape ...
Hi, IF you want to build up your stash of blank Paper Tape: https://www.ebay.com/itm/198600557968
Sep 14
Patrick Linstruth
, …
Todd Houg
5
Sep 12
New ESP32 FDC+ Serial Disk Server Firmware
Patrick, I cloned the fdc-sds-pio repository and successfully compiled the design under VSCODE with
unread,
New ESP32 FDC+ Serial Disk Server Firmware
Patrick, I cloned the fdc-sds-pio repository and successfully compiled the design under VSCODE with
Sep 12
Walt Perko
Sep 11
The Good News ...
Hi, I got my restored Altair 8800 back ... made the changes I needed and updated the webpage: http://
unread,
The Good News ...
Hi, I got my restored Altair 8800 back ... made the changes I needed and updated the webpage: http://
Sep 11
Patrick Linstruth
, …
Peter Higgins
78
Sep 9
AltairSim 1.0.0 RC1
Peter, that is correct. Altairsim does not support IEEE-696 24-bit addressing. It is purely an Altair
unread,
AltairSim 1.0.0 RC1
Peter, that is correct. Altairsim does not support IEEE-696 24-bit addressing. It is purely an Altair
Sep 9
Edith Hough
Sep 7
Steve will be back to our area
Steve will be coming around again to clean our air vents and dryer vent. He did an excellent job last
unread,
Steve will be back to our area
Steve will be coming around again to clean our air vents and dryer vent. He did an excellent job last
Sep 7
Walt Perko
Sep 1
Original MITS Altair 8800 Manuals ...
Hi, eBay prices are usually five or more times higher than this: https://www.abebooks.com/Altair-8800
unread,
Original MITS Altair 8800 Manuals ...
Hi, eBay prices are usually five or more times higher than this: https://www.abebooks.com/Altair-8800
Sep 1
Walt Perko
,
T Gerbic
3
Sep 1
XTGold80 ...
Hi, Okay, the last thing I tried is to get the program to show up on the console screen faster ...
unread,
XTGold80 ...
Hi, Okay, the last thing I tried is to get the program to show up on the console screen faster ...
Sep 1
Peter Sterrantino
, …
T Gerbic
5
Sep 1
Shugart 8" drive enclosure (single or double)
Amazon is not the be-all, end-all of shopping sites. You may be able to find similar but larger
unread,
Shugart 8" drive enclosure (single or double)
Amazon is not the be-all, end-all of shopping sites. You may be able to find similar but larger
Sep 1
Terry Fox
, …
Patrick Linstruth
5
Aug 31
I found the 6 pin connector order (on ebay)
Walt, just to clarify, the FujiNet doesn't let you post copies of your programs to share. The
unread,
I found the 6 pin connector order (on ebay)
Walt, just to clarify, the FujiNet doesn't let you post copies of your programs to share. The
Aug 31
Terry Fox
,
Flavio Villanustre
2
Aug 31
CP/M on inexpensive Tang Nano FPGAs?
Terry, this repo is in English and seems to work well based on the screens posted: https://github.com
unread,
CP/M on inexpensive Tang Nano FPGAs?
Terry, this repo is in English and seems to work well based on the screens posted: https://github.com
Aug 31
Walt Perko
Aug 29
Paper Tape Reader Designs ...
Hi, This looks like it might be a fun design for a paper tape reader https://upload.wikimedia.org/
unread,
Paper Tape Reader Designs ...
Hi, This looks like it might be a fun design for a paper tape reader https://upload.wikimedia.org/
Aug 29
Walt Perko
, …
Peter Higgins
8
Aug 19
Terminal Emulators for Windows or MAC or Linux ...
Hi, Okay, I posted the files on my website: Software: http://www.brainless.org/Altair/Repository/
unread,
Terminal Emulators for Windows or MAC or Linux ...
Hi, Okay, I posted the files on my website: Software: http://www.brainless.org/Altair/Repository/
Aug 19
Walt Perko
,
Patrick Linstruth
11
Aug 14
Something Went Wrong when I ReBOOTed ...
Hi, Solved this latest conundrum ... from pulling and inserting boards OUT/IN to the computer I had
unread,
Something Went Wrong when I ReBOOTed ...
Hi, Solved this latest conundrum ... from pulling and inserting boards OUT/IN to the computer I had
Aug 14
Walt Perko
Aug 3
An Idea to go more Nostalgic ...
Hi, With this cabinet: https://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/Shop%2C-Warehouse-and-Consumer-Teletype-
unread,
An Idea to go more Nostalgic ...
Hi, With this cabinet: https://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/Shop%2C-Warehouse-and-Consumer-Teletype-
Aug 3
Peter Sterrantino
, …
T Gerbic
8
Aug 2
Shugart 801 “L” Jumper Question
Sometimes it is nice to have a picture. On Tuesday, July 28, 2026 at 3:53:22 PM UTC-7 Mike Douglas
unread,
Shugart 801 “L” Jumper Question
Sometimes it is nice to have a picture. On Tuesday, July 28, 2026 at 3:53:22 PM UTC-7 Mike Douglas
Aug 2
Walt Perko
Jul 16
Anybody have: SDIR.COM?
Hi, I've been poking around looking for SDIR.COM program that allows the user to choose options
unread,
Anybody have: SDIR.COM?
Hi, I've been poking around looking for SDIR.COM program that allows the user to choose options
Jul 16
Walt Perko
Jul 12
Capacitor Kits for Repairing some computers ... NOT Altair 8800 or Altair 680 or IMSAI 8080
Walt I found the link to the capacitor kits: https://console5.com/store/computer-cap-kits.html Yes I
unread,
Capacitor Kits for Repairing some computers ... NOT Altair 8800 or Altair 680 or IMSAI 8080
Walt I found the link to the capacitor kits: https://console5.com/store/computer-cap-kits.html Yes I
Jul 12
Walt Perko
Jul 12
Cassette Tape Alternatives ...
Hi, Things to lookup after the ZOOM: https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/
unread,
Cassette Tape Alternatives ...
Hi, Things to lookup after the ZOOM: https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/
Jul 12
Todd Houg
,
Peter Higgins
3
Jul 10
Moving files to/from .DSK disk images
Thanks Peter! I am currently playing with Patrick's Altair8800 version of the simulator, but will
unread,
Moving files to/from .DSK disk images
Thanks Peter! I am currently playing with Patrick's Altair8800 version of the simulator, but will
Jul 10
Terry Fox
,
Joseph Corda
2
Jul 7
Fujinet startup documentation
Terry Thanks for sharing Joe On Tue, Jul 7, 2026 at 12:18 AM Terry Fox <wb4...@gmail.com> wrote
unread,
Fujinet startup documentation
Terry Thanks for sharing Joe On Tue, Jul 7, 2026 at 12:18 AM Terry Fox <wb4...@gmail.com> wrote
Jul 7