GRAFFITI OUTBREAK

Bret Silverman

Jun 12, 2022, 9:07:49 PM6/12/22
to AllstonBr...@googlegroups.com
Pls read below.

There is a vandalizer putting his tag all over the area of Aberdeen, especially noticeable on Sutherland Road and Englewood Ave. We have seen him on security cam and he seems to lurk around between 1am and 3am putting his mark on exterior walls and even in lobbies sometimes. He started out by using the tag "NAILS" but he alternates between that names and a variant "SNAIL." More recently he tags with "SNAIL 203x475" or just "SNAIL 203."

Please take a look at the attached picture and keep an eye out for the tag. District 14 is on the case so you may notice an increased presence in the area. Anyone with information on the suspect should contact District 14 at 617-343-4260 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-494-TIPS.

They already know about the tags that are currently up e.g. 84 Sutherland Rd. lobby, side of 145 Englewood Ave, the fence of the assisted living center on Sutherland, the back of what used to be the Bank on CHA et. al., but if you see something brand new please also call that in.

Bret

20220609_202226.jpg

Bret Silverman

Jun 14, 2022, 5:17:17 PM6/14/22
to AllstonBr...@googlegroups.com
The guy who has been painting "SNAIL" and "NAILS" all over Aberdeen was caught in the act earlier today and apprehended by the District 14 police, I am happy to say.

Please continue to watch for recurrences and report them right away. Hopefully this will be the end of this episode.

Paul Dixon

Jun 14, 2022, 6:01:46 PM6/14/22
to AllstonBrighton2006
I know a lot of you are going to be angry about this, but really, the police don't have anything better to do? If we gave these graffiti artists proper outlets, of which we have many in this city, I'll bet we could reduce the tagging. I keep thinking about how Keith Haring used to tag things, and now his work is in museums. If he had not died so young, who knows what he might have accomplished over the years. The same thing with Basquiat.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 5:17 PM Bret Silverman <bs...@msn.com> wrote:
The guy who has been painting "SNAIL" and "NAILS" all over Aberdeen was caught in the act earlier today and apprehended by the District 14 police, I am happy to say.

Please continue to watch for recurrences and report them right away. Hopefully this will be the end of this episode.

Bret Silverman

Jun 14, 2022, 9:58:04 PM6/14/22
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
Dear Paul,

I can understand a bit of what you're  saying, but our association just laid out thousands of dollars to have our retaining wall repaired and repainted.

If you consider this tagging to be art, I'd be happy to come paint it all over your residence. It wouldn't be an "original" but the copy might be just as beautiful.

;) ;) ;)

Cheers.
20220609_202226.jpg

Mike Siegel

Jun 17, 2022, 11:37:53 AM6/17/22
to allstonbr...@googlegroups.com
I wouldn't be opposed to something like Graffiti Alley in Central, but this kind of a hideous tag on private property. I reported a tag in 2019 via 311 and they just 'closed' it a few months ago because it had been so long vines grew over it.

--
---
Mike Siegel