Allmand 23 Pilothouse Sailboat: Going twice

Jeff Neel

Aug 4, 2019, 5:53:09 PM8/4/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I posted that I had a Allmand 23 Pilothouse sailboat for sale. It's trailered with new tires.  It's a restoration project, with no motor.  But all the rest is there including good teak on inside with original alcohol stove, sink basin and ice box.  I've got sails in pretty good condition and I think all the rest of the parts  are there to restore it.  I live in NE KS, but she is on a trailer with new tires so she could travel to your home.

I have decided to try to sell it one last time on the forum... if nobody wants her, I will convert her into a tiny house cabin.  So, if someone wants a restoration project and to flip this boat around to a life on the water, please let me know soon.  Otherwise, she is going to become land locked.  I enjoy the passion of the Allmand enthusiasts on here.

Best regards, Jeff

--
Jeff Neel
10917 High Point Dr.

Jesse Redington

Aug 4, 2019, 8:37:51 PM8/4/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
Hi im in junction city Kansas can i take a look at it

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/allmand/CADdMkLnanFiZy2hYN6dwuB9CnxyscHkNCW23hB8aX%2BYdXQR2KA%40mail.gmail.com.

Jeff Neel

Aug 4, 2019, 10:55:02 PM8/4/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jesse.  We looked at my boat and not as bad off as I had thought.  Jesse's help and enthusiasm for sailing were infectious.  I'm going to get her on the water after some minor repairs and set sail.... she will not be a land lubber after all!

Mike H

Aug 18, 2019, 11:45:01 AM8/18/19
to Allmand
Jeff: KU is my alma mater but I may have a revived interest in the 23. Can you send some recent photos to refresh her condition? I may have a facility where I can work on her through Winter. Am I correct that the engine needs to be replaced? I could mix a trip to the alma mater on the way to Cow college OOps sorry ; -0

Mike H

Aug 18, 2019, 11:47:26 AM8/18/19
to Allmand
I'm interested but nowhere near Junction. Closest I ever came was Wichita when I was attending KU back in the day. But I'm in Cleveland area now on Lake Erie. If you don't want her let me know.

Jeff Neel

Aug 18, 2019, 4:36:55 PM8/18/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

I'm torn.  After talking it through with a guy that owns one (Jesse), seems like I could sail her as is, after getting a little kicker motor for her.  Right now, she currently doesn't have any motor.  To make her shine, some TLC is needed.  I'd want to paint exterior above water and  buff out gel coat down low. I'd also like to reinforce just below where the mast connects.  It is solid there but just in front of that, the sandwich part of deck needs reinforced for the long term. Then I'd redo the whole interior, paint and refinish wood.  Trailer has all new tires and repacked bearings now.  Jesse reinspired me rather than turn her into a cabin...much closer to sailing than I thought.  And I have all of the parts, sails, etc.

So if someone wanted to buy her before I'd renovate, I'd probably sell her, rather than sail her.  Because it's going to be at least 6 mo before I can get to her.  And I have a lot of other projects that I could use the cash for now.

I will attach a few pics and send you a link to a Google Drive with more.  I'd like to get $3000 out of her if selling, so that may help you decide.  She is road worthy now.

I actually live 20 mi N of Manhattan.  I went to both KSU and KU.  And work with a lot of KU folks... but EMAW nation for me... always a wild cat at heart!  Lol...

Thanks, Jeff

On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 10:47 AM Mike H <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm interested but nowhere near Junction. Closest I ever came was Wichita when I was attending KU back in the day. But I'm in Cleveland area now on Lake Erie. If you don't want her let me know.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

Jeff Neel
10917 High Point Dr.
Manhattan, KS 66503
Cell: 785-706-1511
Email: jnee...@gmail.com
20180522_121633.jpg

Mike H

Aug 19, 2019, 9:57:32 AM8/19/19
to Allmand
Thanks for letting me know. I'm a bit of an Allmand enthusiast and would hate to see a rare HMS23 go to waste. Post again if your new status changes. That being said, what about the swing keel/centerboard ? Is it operational ? And where is the raise/lower control ? Could not tell from the photos.

Jeff Neel

Aug 19, 2019, 2:29:07 PM8/19/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
It is fixed keel.