Top Deck to Bulkhead repair

John Morgan

Sep 10, 2020, 9:06:23 PM9/10/20
to Allmand
I had my boat sailed from CT to NJ.  On the way the captain sailing it had a run in with an unlit piling.

The damage seem mostly not structural.

First estimate the fiberglass tech said no big deal it would be 12 hours and then the quote came back 31 hours.

Second quote said he would do it for 2500.

My dock neighbors say do it my self.    I want to do it right. I have done a lot of car work and a lot of epoxy work.  I think I have the skills and can follow instructions. Im worried about how to do it.  Some people suggested and this sounded good to me to  use a glass wool  ( kind of a ball to fill the space roughly and the do a regular fairing and fiberglass job.  there is no non slip finishing and its and easy to remove rub rail.  Should I hold this and do it over the spring.

Lipham

Sep 13, 2020, 9:41:48 AM9/13/20
to all...@googlegroups.com
Do it yourself. There are a lot of fiberglass repair videos on YouTube that can give you good instructions.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 10, 2020, at 8:06 PM, John Morgan <jmmor...@gmail.com> wrote:

I had my boat sailed from CT to NJ.  On the way the captain sailing it had a run in with an unlit piling.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/allmand/e179ceca-3d1d-4d6d-89c6-a3fd2c0532f1n%40googlegroups.com.