Open Circuit 35 #19

KEITH REYNOLDS

Apr 1, 2019, 8:19:15 AM4/1/19
to all...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I am happy to announce that I am now the proud owner of Open Circuit, Allmand 35 #19 previously owned by Dennis and Cheryl Jarzombek for the last 27 years. She will be based out of Vero Beach, Fl. I continue to own Allmand 31, now 34 feet, Camelot #50 in Old Saybrook, CT. My Saga 43 is for sale due to my advancing age and the size of the sails on that boat.

I do have a suggestion on the differentiation of the non pilot house 35's. I was specifically looking for an Aft Head 35. technically all non pilot house 35's are "Tri Cabin" models. A better definition in my mind would be a Head Forward vs a Head Aft model to help clear the confusion I found when trying to sort out the two different layouts. Any thoughts out there on this?

Keith Reynolds

James Goepel

Apr 1, 2019, 8:24:12 AM4/1/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Keith!  And congratulations to Dennis and Cheryl.  I am sure they are glad Open Circuit is going to be in good hands!  I can’t speak to the differences in the 35’ non-pilothouse boats, but what you’re suggesting seems like a straightforward approach to me.

Best Regards,

 - Jim

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

Michele D.

Nov 12, 2019, 2:43:44 PM11/12/19
to Allmand
Kieth - small question but where do you find the production # on the boat?  Michele

Skip Hansen

Nov 12, 2019, 3:03:15 PM11/12/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
The hull number is located on the transom, upper starboard under the rub rail

Sent from my iPhone

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.

Eddie Hornick

Nov 12, 2019, 3:18:56 PM11/12/19
to Unknown
Michelle,
Your hull or production # is part of the ID number. Take this one for instance:
JABS3551M84E
JAB is Allmand I believe
S is for a sail boat I think
35 is is the model or length
51 is the hull number
Rest are the date of manufacture.
Please let me know if i got anything wrong.
Thanks!
Eddie
Traveller

KEITH REYNOLDS

Nov 16, 2019, 1:10:00 AM11/16/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
Michelle,

Look for the hull number, found within the VIN, near the top of the transom on the starboard upper edge. Sometimes it is just around the corner on the upper aft edge just below the rubrail. As you read the VIN it should start for an Allmand with JABS. Next will be the model such as 31 or 35. The next number is the hull number. For my pilot house it says 09. For my aft head 35 it says 19. Next it usually has an M followed by the model year. In my case they are both 82. The last number on mine is a 1 which I can't really explain. I always thought it was an extra digit and if they went to three digit hull numbers they would slide the M and the year back and use that space but that is just a guess on my part.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I was bringing my Saga South an had no internet access.

Keith

Skip Hansen

Nov 16, 2019, 10:10:11 AM11/16/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
I always believed the letter is in reference to the month it was built

Sent from my iPhone

M.L.D.R.

Nov 19, 2019, 7:20:27 AM11/19/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
Eddie,

Thank you for the hull number info.  It looks like hull #33, Allmand  35 tri cabin, is in my boat shed in Round Pond, Maine, enjoying a prolonged refit.  I lived on her for several years in the Portland area.  She had new opening bronze portlights purpose forged for her in Georgetown Maine.  As with all boats "a labor of love".

Michele

M.L.D.R.

Nov 19, 2019, 7:21:52 AM11/19/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Keith,
I am hull #33 in Round Pond Maine.  Probably should be on the list.
Michele

KEITH REYNOLDS

Nov 19, 2019, 9:51:11 AM11/19/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
Michelle,

I know what you mean about a labor of love. Here are two pictures I took last month when I hauled Camelot 1 out for the season in CT. She was a 31 hull 50 but 30 years ago I extended the hull to 34 feet, not counting the 3 foot Shannon bowsprit. In February I will pass 40 years of ownership. She has been as far North as Nova Scotia and down to the Bahamas on the outside twice.

I have enjoyed her so much I recently purchased an Allmand 35 hull 9 which is a pilot house version. It is currently stored in VA but the plans are to bring her to Vero Beach FL after I sell my Saga.

If you ever get CT way give me a shout.

Keith
Allmand 34 haul out 002.JPG
Allmand 34 haul out 003.JPG

Jim Flowers

Nov 19, 2019, 10:57:29 AM11/19/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
Ok here’s mine: JAB31128M81K
It’s a 31’ built in 81 but it is not a tri-cabin. I believe it’s 312 model.
JAB =Allmand
31=Length
12=model?
8M=Oct?
81=Year
K=?

Jim
The Margie/Paul
Punta Gorda

Sent from my iPhone

KEITH REYNOLDS

Nov 19, 2019, 11:13:29 AM11/19/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
Jim,
It is a 31 hull number 128 built in 1981. I have never heard of a 312 Allmand but that doesn't mean there is no such thing. Either way that wouldn't be part of the hull number as such.

I happened to be at the factory in April of 1981 talking to Tom and the 31's being built at that time were numbered in the 104 to 115 range. That would make your boat more like a late summer 1981 boat.

Keith

Jim Flowers

Nov 19, 2019, 12:14:49 PM11/19/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
Ok that makes sense. As far as I can understand the 312 were made more economical in that the aft cabin was not closed in and very little teak. Here’s a photo of my interior. Little messy but you can get the idea.image1.jpeg
My salon is very open and roomy.

Sent from my iPhone

KEITH REYNOLDS

Nov 19, 2019, 12:40:15 PM11/19/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

Good picture. I had heard that some were made without the aft cabin enclosure but yours is the first I have seen of one. Did they also change the U shaped main salon to settees or was that a change you made?

Keith

Jim Flowers

Nov 19, 2019, 3:26:13 PM11/19/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
They must have. I do not have a U shape seating. Only a straight settee on both sides.  I had wondered if the U’s were custom made. Lol

Sent from my iPhone

Nick Plutchak

Nov 20, 2019, 11:51:33 AM11/20/19
to all...@googlegroups.com
How do I get out of these group messages? I have tried to unsubscribe several times but with no success

Nick Plutchak
Viadana USA
VP Sales