Courtney Day

lymphedemapeople

Nov 4, 2009, 11:32:40 AM11/4/09
to All About Lymphedema
Courtney Day

One of the special treats of these Lymphedema groups is that you get
the opportunity to meet new people.

This past week, I had the most delightful time meeting a lovely young
lady with Lymphedema. Her name is Courtney day, a fourteen year old
high school student and co-author of a new book where she shares her
journey so far with LE.

I bought a copy and read it when I got back to the hotel and it was
delightful. I think you’ll find it refreshing to read as she is so
open and honest about her struggles in ways that we as adults are too
timid to do. It is very encouraging as well as she is unashamed of
her faith and shares that as well and how she is determined not to let
lmphedema ruin or control her life – or to let it rob her of her
dreams and hopes for the future.

In addition to her school activities, Courtney is active in her
church, the National Charity League (helps organizations such as the
Rnald McDonald House and the Drake house. She is also involved with a
local food help group Norcross Food Co-0p..

She and her co-author, LE therapist Emily Smith also have a Facaebook
group:

Emily is a Vodder trained and certified therapist and has also written
a couple books on Stretch Therapy.

A Leg Up on Lymphedema

http://www.facebook.com/l/dd48a;www.aleguponlymphedema.com

The book is: