“Hidden gem” from the ’70s suggests counsellors generate the outcomes they expect. An Effectiveness Bank analysis

Editors

Oct 8, 2021, 8:06:13 AM10/8/21
to addic...@googlegroups.com

Home | Research archive | Subject search | Text search | Key treatment studies | Hot topic reviews | Contact
Effectiveness Bank web site Research analysis

Unique “hidden gem” from the ’70s suggests counsellors generate the outcomes they expect
Effect of counselor expectations on alcoholic recovery
The Effectiveness Bank has stopped routinely issuing research analyses, but we couldn’t leave this gem from the ’70s figuratively gathering dust on the shelves of the British Library. Belied by an under-stated presentation, its practice implications are profound for treatment staff supporting clients with an apparently unpromising prognosis.

Click button below for our analysis of the study.
View analysis

Join the Effectiveness Bank mailing list for updates.

Sent via a third-party mailing list by the Drug and Alcohol Findings Effectiveness Bank to alert you to site updates and UK-relevant evaluations of drug/alcohol interventions.

findings_chimp.gif
Leake_GJ_1_p1.jpg