Re: StratML Query Search Release notes

Owen Ambur

Nov 25, 2022, 9:10:29 PM11/25/22
to Naval Sarda, aboutthe...@googlegroups.com, Jorge Sanchez, pradee...@ictect.com
Glad to see that more progress has been made, Naval.  We're at our daughter's place for the Thanksgiving holiday week.  So I won't have a chance to check it out in much detail until next week but here are few issues I've discovered thus far:
  1. As per the screen shot below, the home page title that should appear in the browser tab is "StratML" not "StartML".
  2. The View links are not pointing directly to the element that has been queried.
  3. When either the Stakeholder or the Value element is queried alone, the Description of the queried element should be displayed.  Thus, the column heading "Goal/Objective Description" is misleading, unless those elements are being queried.
  4. The Clear button doesn't seem to work consistently.
I'm pleased to see that the number of hits is shown at the bottom of the search results page.  As per the second screen shot below, I see that 5,049 files have been indexed.  I discovered that by clicking Search without providing any terms to query.

However, how the files are ordered in the search result listing is unclear.  It would be logical to place them in alphabetical order based upon the organization names and include the Mission statements if the other elements are not being queried.

At some point, we'll want to enable querying of the organization names.  I hadn't anticipated doing that in the initial implementation, but since an empty query already displays all of the organization names, they might as well be in alphabetical order.

I'm copying Jorge & Pradeep in the event they may wish to provide feedback.

On Friday, November 25, 2022 at 12:44:00 PM EST, Naval Sarda <nsa...@epicomm.net> wrote:

Please see below