Fw: Coffee on a mission

Owen Ambur

Dec 9, 2022, 8:58:20 PM12/9/22
to Naval Sarda, Jeff Maynard, aboutthe...@googlegroups.com
Naval, here's an example of the issue referenced in the separate reply that I just sent you.

The query service should have pointed Chris to the file at https://stratml.us/carmel/JIPSDwStyle.xml -- NOT at http://198.38.86.242/view/XMLStyle/1/JIPSD.xml#

Due to the unexplained discrepancies between the identifiers in the plain XML versus the styled renditions of the files, I understand why that may not have been feasible before.  However, now that the most current stylesheet has been applied to all of them in my new stratml.us/docs folder, it is what the query service should do (and must do in order to meet my expectations).

The relevant file is now available at https://stratml.us/docs/JIPSD.xml

Moreover, going forward so long as the files conform to the schema users should be able to apply any styling they choose to their own plans and reports and post them anywhere on the Web they choose.

Also, while we may decide at some point in the future to offer styling service -- particularly PDF conversion, for example -- as an add-on and perhaps for a fee, styling is of no particular concern to the query service per se right now.  (I'm copying Jeff w/re the commercial potential associated with beauty being in the eye of the beholder.)

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:22:05 -0400
From: Michael Allan <mi...@zelea.com>
To: st...@metagovernment.org
Subject: Re: [MG] kudos and instantiation support

Hi Chris,

It's a prototype so it's not geared up for easy installs.  Depending
on what you need, there may be easier ways than a full installation.
What do you need to do with the software?

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 416-699-9528
http://zelea.com/