Updated Sitemap Catalog

Owen Ambur

Dec 5, 2022, 9:55:36 PM12/5/22
to Naval Sarda, aboutthe...@googlegroups.com
Naval, I ran Joe Carmel's Perl script to update my catalog of StratML files at https://stratml.us/carmel/catalogsitemap.html  There are now 5,572 files listed in the catalog, which is generated from my sitemap listing.

By contrast, a blank query of the StratML query service retrieves 5,049 files.  So 523 of them have not been indexed.

The catalog currently points to the plain XML renditions, but once we've inserted stylesheet reference to apply the most recent stylesheet, I'll update my sitemap listing and re-run the Perl script to point to them.

After that, I may also post a project on Freelancer.com to improve the presentation of the catalog, e.g., by placing the data in columns and making them sortable, e.g., alphabetically &/or by date.

While Joe included Edit links that open the files for editing, as far as I am aware no one uses them and I don't expect anyone to do so anytime soon.  They are primarily for demonstration purposes, to show what can be done and might be worth doing at some point in the future.  Not now.

BTW, it took the script about 37 minutes to run, which is a big difference compared to 24 hours to import the files into BaseX.  As I said, I need to know why so much time and effort is needed to do that and what can be done to automate the importation/indexing process.

Naval Sarda

Dec 5, 2022, 10:01:18 PM12/5/22
to Owen Ambur, aboutthe...@googlegroups.com

Hi Owen,

24 hours is programming effort and not script runtime.

Naval

Owen Ambur

Dec 5, 2022, 10:28:41 PM12/5/22
to Naval Sarda, aboutthe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the clarification, Naval.

If the programming makes the importation/indexing process easy and semi-automatic, I will be well worth the cost.