Dates Search Results Listings?

Owen Ambur

Apr 6, 2023, 3:12:48 PM4/6/23
to Naval Sarda, aboutthe...@googlegroups.com
Naval, I'm thinking that the next, best increment of value for the StratML query service might be to include a Date column in the results listings.

Unfortunately, the only one that is consistently populated is PublicationDate but it is not the most relevant.

Might it be possible to present dates based upon the following logic?
  1. If the StartDate is populated, present it.
  2. If not and if the EndDate is populated, present it.
  3. If neither of those two dates is populated, present the PublicationDate.
If you think that might be feasible and makes sense, please let me know what you think it might cost.

Owen Ambur

Apr 14, 2023, 10:26:22 AM4/14/23
to Naval Sarda, aboutthe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Naval.  Let's proceed with the date upgrade to the query results.

On Friday, April 14, 2023 at 08:50:13 AM EDT, Naval Sarda <nsa...@epicomm.net> wrote:

Please see below

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 03:48:44 +0000 (UTC)
From: Owen Ambur <owen....@verizon.net>
To: Naval Sarda <nsa...@epicomm.net>

Naval, I understand that means the cost would be $X to include the best available date in the query results listings.  Is that correct? -YES

Would the application of that logic have any noticeable impact on the latency in presenting the query results? - It will not impact more.

Also, while this project can stand on its own, I wonder if there might be any advantage to combining it with any other enhancements, e.g., adding a search field for Organization Name and/or changing the full-text indexing configuration to treat white spaces as delimiters. -YES we can add more enhancement in this new project but for the changes in full-text logic need to think properly for freezing requirement. That will impact more in logic as well as performance.

I assume those would also be logically separable projects and there may not be any particular benefit from combining them, but if you think there might be, please let me know.  Of course, too, it would be helpful to know what those two enhancements might cost.  No benefits. You can keep separate.

On Friday, April 7, 2023 at 01:42:32 AM EDT, Naval Sarda <nsa...@epicomm.net> wrote:

Hi Owen,

See below response from developer.

Naval