Re: Server requirement date

Owen Ambur

Nov 3, 2022, 3:04:48 PM11/3/22
to Naval Sarda, pradee...@ictect.com, aboutthe...@googlegroups.com
Nothing can be too simple, Nava.  See the options shown in the first image below.

I already have access to cPanel in my regular hosting service.  So that makes me think I should combine them with this new service -- particularly if we need Private JVM.

However, I don't use cPanel to maintain the content on my sites.  I use FTP instead.  On the other hand, there are some limited ways I have used cPanel in the past, e.g., to grant developers access to my sites.

The second screen shot shows the 1-month subscription cost with those two options -- cPanel & Private JVM.

The third one shows the three-year cost with both of those additions.

I also understand I'd need to redirect the DNS to point to a new IP address for my https://aboutthem.info/ domain and I wonder about other complications of I were to move all of my sites to this new service.  For example, when the MochaHost folks originally set up my sites, they made https://firmcouncil.org/ the primary (base) site whereas it should be https://ambur.net/

At this point, I'm inclined to move forward with the one-month subscription and worry about what to do next after the query service is proven to be minimally viable.  However, I need your advice on how best to proceed, particularly with respect to the optional services.

Inline image

Inline image

On Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 12:38:14 AM EDT, Naval Sarda <nsa...@epicomm.net> wrote:

Hi Owen,

Please purchase

Perfetto7

for linux as it has 8 GB Ram

Regarding moving other sites, it is possible. But the facilities you might be using like cpanel, etc, hosting company might be in better position to transfer those.

Naval

On 03/11/22 3:42 am, Owen Ambur wrote:
Naval, it looks like MochaHost's deals have changed (less expensive).

Please check them out at https://www.mochahost.com/vps.php and let me know which option I should select.

BTW, I'm also wondering if I can move my other sites to the VPS or whether they need to be kept separate.  Do you know or shall I ask them?

On Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 09:12:24 AM EDT, Naval Sarda <nsa...@epicomm.net> wrote:

Hi Owen,

Please hire a server by coming Sunday which will be Monday here in India. We will start deploying the application on server on Monday and start testing the performance.

Naval

On 31/10/22 8:32 pm, Owen Ambur wrote:
No problem, Naval.

I too am still catching up on my backlog following the departure of our family company on Saturday.

Just let me know when you're ready.

On Monday, October 31, 2022 at 07:42:53 AM EDT, Naval Sarda <nsa...@epicomm.net> wrote:

Hi Owen,

Due to holiday's last week, we were not able to send to tentative dates to hire a server.

We will let you know as soon as we have clarity on that.

Naval

[deleted]

Naval Sarda

Nov 3, 2022, 9:31:15 PM11/3/22
to Owen Ambur, pradee...@ictect.com, aboutthe...@googlegroups.com

Hi Owen,

cPanel provides cPanel hosted emails as well. If you are not creating email addresses using cPanel, dependency on cPanel reduces to some extent.

Another good thing about cPanel is that it allows you to create FTP users and MySQL databases without technical knowledge.

For migration, a subdomain for your website needs to point to this VPS. So your site might run on subdomain.ambur.net. You can upload all the files from your current hosting to this new FTP setup.

If everything runs smooth on subdomain, then you can point your main domain ambur.net to this VPS.

In VPS without cpanel, 8 hours of dev and support hours is required so that you can start uploading files.

In VPS with cPanel, apache and FTP comes pre-installed and is more or less self managed without need of developer help.

This migration obviously needs to be done once you decide that querying service will stay for long term.

We are suggesting that transferring files needs to be done from your end as we do not have much information about your current setup and you have also suggested that you are comformtable using FTP to transfer files.

If number of files are too high and FTP transfer breaks in between, then another option is to get SSH access to the server, zip the files using command and then download single file using FTP or SFTP.

Naval