Aaron's Update -- Lessons from folktales, and more

Aaron Shepard

Apr 21, 2020, 12:20:56 PM4/21/20
to Aaron-...@googlegroups.com
____________________________

Note: This is the bulletin for Aaron Shepard's home page, Author Online!, featuring folktales, reader's theater, and storytelling at

http://www.aaronshep.com

Dear friends,

New on my home page is "20 Things I Learned from Folktales" -- a quick collection of playful insights from my time retelling folktales for storytelling and children's books.

http://www.aaronshep.com/FolktaleLessons.html

I've also bumped my collection of favorite quotes to the main page, where it's renamed "Words to Weigh." That title, if you're curious, comes from a Jewish saying that's one of my very favorite: "Words should be weighed, not counted." As a picture book writer, I consider that crucial advice!

http://www.aaronshep.com/quotes.html

And I've finally added a section "About Aaron's Other Books" -- books for grown-ups -- to sit alongside the section "About Aaron's Kid Books." These are coloring storybooks and general nonfiction, including a book I feel is sorely needed in our time, "The Gentleman's Handbook."

http://www.aaronshep.com/books2

Finally, since I'm getting old and won't be around forever, I've loosened the permissions on some of my materials, as stated in their "small print." For my Reader's Theater Editions, you no longer have to ask permission to post free copies online. For my Gifts of Story, storytellers no longer have to ask permission to record a story for broadcast or streaming, as long as you're not selling copies.

Aaron