Aaron's Update -- Author on mobile

Aaron Shepard

Jan 25, 2020, 6:26:15 PM1/25/20
to Aaron-...@googlegroups.com
____________________________

Note: This is the bulletin for Aaron Shepard's home page, Author Online!, featuring folktales, reader's theater, and storytelling at

http://www.aaronshep.com

Dear friends,

I'm not a big fan of smartphones. In fact, though I own one, I rarely turn it on. So, it took me a while to realize that the half-hearted efforts I made several years ago to make my Web site readable on phones really didn't cut it. Which was a problem, since about half of the site's new visitors are arriving on phones!

I've now tried to make amends. I've spent much of the past three MONTHS overhauling the site to make it work better on small screens. And though I'd still rather view it on the desktop, I think it's now quite usable on even the smallest smartphone.

Here's one example: Nearly all my reader's theater scripts can now be read easily on any screen. So, if you have students with phones or tablets in class, you might not have to print out the scripts at all!

I've done my best to make the conversion as flawless as possible. But if you run into any problems, please do let me know.

Aaron