Aaron's Update -- The Mice Before Christmas for reader's theater

Aaron Shepard

Oct 5, 2022, 11:29:28 AM10/5/22
to Aaron-...@googlegroups.com
____________________________

Note: This is the bulletin for children's author Aaron Shepard's home page, featuring folktales, reader's theater, and storytelling at

http://www.aaronshep.com

____________________________

Dear friends,

Here's my final treat for the year in the Reader's Theater Edition series -- and it's a big one! For your holiday pleasure:

RTE #43 ~ The Mice Before Christmas

By Anne L. Watson

PREVIEW: What ELSE happened on the night before Christmas?

GENRE: Poetry
CULTURE: ——
THEME: Christmas spirit
READERS: 8 or 9
READER AGES: 9-11
LENGTH: 7 minutes

http://www.aaronshep.com/rt/RTE43.html

This one's in verse! It will be especially suitable for older readers to perform for a younger audience.

The script is adapted from a picture book of my wife's that we published last year, illustrated by Wendy Edelson (of "Baker's Dozen" fame). The reviews have been overwhelmingly positive -- better than I've ever seen on a book of my own! -- so I'm quite confident you'll enjoy the script. Here's info on the book itself:

http://www.annelwatson.com/books/MiceNight.html

For this script, I took the time to develop a new format that would represent the verse lines properly on a phone as well as on a wider screen or printout. As some of you know, the series has one earlier script also in verse, "Casey at the Bat" -- the only one I never did make work on a phone! So, now I've gone back and applied the new format to that script too.

http://www.aaronshep.com/rt/RTE23.html

Enjoy!

Aaron