Aaron's Update -- Quackling for reader's theater, storytelling

Aaron Shepard

Aug 4, 2022, 1:19:29 PM8/4/22
to Aaron-...@googlegroups.com
____________________________

Note: This is the bulletin for children's author Aaron Shepard's home page, featuring folktales, reader's theater, and storytelling at

http://www.aaronshep.com

____________________________

Dear friends,

I can't believe how long it's been since I posted a new Reader's Theater Edition -- in fact, I'm embarrassed to say how long! -- but here's one at last.

RTE #41 ~ Quackling: A Not-Too-Grimm Fairy Tale

Told by Aaron Shepard

After waiting in vain for the King to repay a loan, Quackling wants his money back.

GENRE: Folktales
CULTURE: France
THEME: Benefits of friendship
READERS: 12
READER AGES: 7–9
LENGTH: 5 minutes

http://www.aaronshep.com/rt/RTE41.html

There's also a Team version for four readers.

http://www.aaronshep.com/rt/RTE41_Team.html

The script is adapted from a picture book I published myself a few years back, illustrated by Wendy Edelson, of Baker's Dozen fame. Here's info on the book:

http://www.aaronshep.com/books/Quackling.html

You can also read the plain-text story here:

http://www.aaronshep.com/stories/042.html

And finally, here's a storytelling version just added to my Gifts of Story series, with extensive tips for tellihg.

http://www.aaronshep.com/storytelling/GOS31.html

I hope to have another couple of scripts for you in the coming months, including a very special one for Christmas.

Aaron