Aaron's Update -- new picture book from Aaron and Wendy

Aaron Shepard

Dec 3, 2019, 11:52:06 AM12/3/19
to Aaron's Update
Dear friends,

For fans of my Baker's Dozen, Christmas Truce, or Quackling picture books, illustrator Wendy Edelson and I have a brand new offering: "Which Shoes Do You Choose?" This picture book is a bit of a departure for me -- not a folktale, but just a fun, short, lively story in verse, for younger kids than I usually write for. This one's for ages 2 to 8.

I'm calling it a "girl empowerment book," because it encourages girls to embrace the wide variety of choices available to them in life. See what you think.

http://www.aaronshep.com/books/WhichShoes.html

An earlier version of this story has been available on my Web site for some time as a reader's theater script. But in honor of the book publication, I've updated the script, bringing it in line with the book's more inspiring message.

http://www.aaronshep.com/rt/RTE22.html

And Kindle readers shouldn't forget the latest Christmas piece from my wife, Anne L. Watson: the lovely, lyrical illustrated story "On Christmas Eve," featuring Coco Mouse from her earlier picture book "The Secret of Gingerbread Village."

http://www.annelwatson.com/books/CocoChristmas.html

Finally, here's a secret too big to keep: Our next is a Christmas picture book from Anne and Wendy -- their first time together! And with mice!

Aaron