Aaron's Update -- A picture book reborn

Aaron Shepard

May 20, 2020, 1:27:19 PM5/20/20
to Aaron-...@googlegroups.com
____________________________

Note: This is the bulletin for Aaron Shepard's home page, Author Online!, featuring folktales, reader's theater, and storytelling at

http://www.aaronshep.com

____________________________

Dear friends,

Almost thirty years ago, my very first picture book was published: "Savitri: A Tale of Ancient India," illustrated by Vera Rosenberry and published by Albert Whitman and Company. It retold a story from the epic Mahabharata about a princess who dared defy the god of death to save her husband's life.

A few years later, this book became the basis of one of my first Reader's Theater Editions and Gifts of Story. Those are still on my Web site, now retitled "The Princess and the God."

Now the picture book itself is reborn, reissued in a new edition by my own Skyhook Press with a new title: "Princess of India: An Ancient Tale." Also featuring a tweaked text, new scans from the original art, a few changes in book design, and a new, detailed author note with background information on the story, I hope the new edition is received as well as the first. (Publishers Weekly called the book "unique and noteworthy.")

Info on the book:

http://www.aaronshep.com/books/Savitri.html

Reader's Theater Edition:

http://www.aaronshep.com/rt/RTE03.html