Remembering Paul Materazzo

Joe Schuch

Dec 19, 2021, 10:56:55 AM12/19/21
to av...@googlegroups.com
All,

Please keep Paul Materazzo's family in your thoughts. He died peacefully last week after a 2yr battle with cancer.

Some of you may recall Paul as the founder of Australia's Assoc. for AV Ed. Tech Mgt. (AETM.org), with whom I worked in the early days of InfoCOMM's (before it was "InfoCOMM") Enduser Council.

Paul graciously shared his expert guidance and moral support when I was starting AV-1 in 2001, and, through the years, we both marveled at how our careers tracked in parallel. In the past decade, we grew quite close, and I came to regard Paul as the younger brother I never had but always wished for.

After his initial diagnosis, we resolved to zoom regularly. Never one to shy from a tough job or a daunting puzzle, Paul did the work to fight the beast. Hopeful and optimistic for a lasting remission, he nonetheless quietly set his affairs in order. We said our goodbyes knowing that he had just a few days remaining. By then, he had completed his checklist and said his goodbyes to everyone in his circle; leaving no unfinished business, no unspoken words.

Paul left this world with grace and dignity. In his life, he did a good job. He did interesting work. He made a difference. It was an honor to have shared Earth-time with Paul Materazzo.

In lieu of flowers, Paul's wish was for friends to donate to Myeloma Australia and help find a solution for future patients like him.
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/teammaterazzo

His wife, Gini asks that, wherever we may be, wear "bright colours" in Paul's honor!

If you are local, and double-vaccinated:  His Celebration of life will be held Monday 20th December 2021, 2:00 pm Melbourne AU time (10p Sunday Eastern Time, US).
William Mathews Funerals, 34 Cave Rd, Lilydale.
Online link: http://www.myeventlive.com.au/pfm/

image.png

Joe.
--
Joe Schuch

Evans, Jim

Dec 20, 2021, 8:06:53 AM12/20/21
to av...@googlegroups.com

Thoughts and prayers are with the Materazzo’s family.

Jim

Wadlinger, Greg

Dec 20, 2021, 8:30:56 AM12/20/21
to av...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Joe for this beautiful remembrance of your friend ‘Paul. I did not know ‘Paul but I am praying for his family.

Greg Wadlinger
Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
Instructional Technology
100 Tuck Hall