Secure Mobile calling for Cell Phone users in Pakistan?

Awab Alvi

Apr 20, 2009, 6:42:21 AM4/20/09
to TGP Group, Digital Activists Group, AGABBIP

Considering the level of espionage that is undertaken by our authorities, at times I believe Pakistani businessmen and citizens stand at a major disadvantage since our own government is resolutely committed at working against us under the excuse of ‘the interest of the state‘. We all are aware that all our calls, SMS’s and Internet usage is being extensively monitored and tracked, to be used as and when needed maybe even against us. I personally don’t mind monitoring for terrorism / illegal activities but merely assuming that every Pakistani is a criminal from the start and must be subjected to government espionage is an idiotic solution to the problem.

I ask this question more in line when I read this article on BlackberryCool reviewing CellCrypt - a secure mobile voice application for Blackberry and Symbian devices via VoIP - it comes at a hefty price tag of 2500 Euro - but it might be worth the investment for a viable business who prefers a high level of security

Cell Crypt on its coverage map has confirmed the availability of their secure connection services in India, but Pakistan remains “Not Confirmed“.

The question that needs to be asked - Is there any ‘legal means by which business in Pakistan can achieve a high level of security without going through bureaucratic red tape, if the VoIP options by CellCrypt cannot used, what are other legal options that can be used to bypass espionage attempts by others including our own Government.

cellcrypt-pakistan-data

Awab Alvi

Blog: http://teeth.com.pk/blog
Twitter: http://twitter.com/DrAwab