What technologies are being deployed for IDP's?

Awab Alvi

May 13, 2009, 3:07:36 AM5/13/09
to sa_r...@yahoogroups.com, Digital Activists Group, AGABBIP
Friends -

A lot many of you must already be monitoring and helping the IDP's from the NWFP region - the massive extent of the displacement must involve a tremendous amount of technology to keep things organized and moving

can we share any initiatives that are being used on the ground - so as not to replicate the situation endlessly.  I am aware that People Finder was extensively deployed during the Earthquake - and was wondering if any NGO has taken up this initiative to register relief camps and individuals coming to these relief centers not only limited to the NWFP region but also across Pakistan - the other technology that I believe must have been deployed is a decent SMS gateway to help monitor and coordinate the relief efforts

Please update this thread if you have any idea of whats going on on the ground - and lets all try to help fill in the gaps where needed

Awab Alvi

Blog: http://teeth.com.pk/blog
Twitter: http://twitter.com/DrAwab

kyla...@gmail.com

May 13, 2009, 3:23:23 AM5/13/09
to AGA...@googlegroups.com
Don't know about technologies but BNU in lhr is collecting dry done, dishes, water coolers, lanterns and money. HRCP is coordinating and has a med camp set up in Mardan. Also another group is going soon thru noshera with a truck carrying the same stuff.

Awab Alvi

May 13, 2009, 3:48:36 AM5/13/09
to AGA...@googlegroups.com
Kyla -

do update the relief point on yello.pk/events for a start