Fwd: [Cc-gr] [Fwd: [report-release-list] Berkman Center launches new tool: Herdict Web]

Claude Almansi

Feb 28, 2009, 10:45:10 AM2/28/09
to AGABBIP
Hi All

This Herdict Web tool <http://www.herdict.org/> might be worth looking
into more closely than I cursorily have so far, because it allows you
to see what sites appear as blocked from what country/ies, and to
report sites that are blocked in your country. Of course, its accuracy
depends on a critical mass of users - and if <http://www.herdict.org/>
itself gets blocked by an authoritarian government, the people of that
country won't be able to report other blocked sites. Still, it has
indicative potential, it seems.

Best

Claude

From: Mike Linksvayer <m...@creativecommons.org>
Date: 2009/2/26
new tool: Herdict Web]
To: "c...@lists.ibiblio.org" <c...@lists.ibiblio.org>
Cc: Amar Ashar <as...@cyber.law.harvard.edu>

Dear international project leads,

Passing this along as requested, likely of great interest to many of
you who do cyber liberties work beyond copyright or are connected to
such communities. Please spread the word!

And Berkman has been great for CC, and some of you have been Berkman
fellows, more will be in the future, etc. Hopefully some of the
information published by Herdict will be released under a CC license,
and non-private data under CC0. :-)

If you have questions about Herdict, Berkman's Amar Ashar is cc'd.

Mike

--
 http://support.creativecommons.org help us
 build http://creativecommons.org/asharedculture

Πριν εκτυπώσετε αυτό το μήνυμα, σκεφθείτε το περιβάλλον! Ένα χαρτί
λιγότερο! - http://karounos.gr/blog/

Claude Almansi