Awesome recap - October

1 view

Nikki Lee

Oct 19, 2013, 10:40:04 PM10/19/13
to AFSEA-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello hello! Hope you all are doing fantastically, and that you're coming up with your best ridiculous ideas for this month's challenge!

Grant
This month we decided to fund Pier Into the Night - Live Dive program, an expansion of the outreach and education work that Harbor WildWatch has been doing. We really liked that it was a clear way to grow of an existing successful program and make it even more awesome. Plus, who wouldn't want to support teaching people about the ocean? (not us!)

Special Challenge Month
If you haven't heard already, we're doing a special challenge in October seeking "flamethrowers" projects (i.e. crazy, ridiculous, awe-inspiring ideas). Please (pretty please) submit your most creative ideas and help us spread the word - we posted on our Facebook and have been tweeting about it. You can also just share this url directly with folks: http://www.awesomeseattle.org/challenge/

Party
We're planning a party for our 2nd birthday! We're still working on picking a venue, but once that's settled we'll let you know so that you can save the date.