Awesome Recap - September

1 view

Nikki Lee

Sep 16, 2014, 12:00:52 AM9/16/14
to AFSEA-a...@googlegroups.com
Grant(s)
This month we had two proposed projects that we just couldn't pass up - so we didn't!

The Library Fairy won us over with its whimsical dedication to delighting people. We suspect that people will be finding small surprises in their library books for some time to come.

The Bike In Theater was a little short on words, but long on creativity. We were inspired by the novelty of the idea - it's simple, sharable, and easy to grow.

AweSummit 2014
Jeffrey and Nikki spent a weekend in Ottawa hanging out with folks from all over (mainly North America, although we had folks from Rio de Janeiro, Jerusalem, and Liverpool). It was a fantastic weekend full of new friends, great conversations, and some productive heads-down time working on AF community issues. Nikki worked with a group of people to rewrite the awesomefoundation.org FAQ and About page, and Jeffrey joined a different group that put together a Best Of deck of Awesome Foundation projects from all over the world.