Paddles added to the calendar

Marcia B Barrett

Jun 3, 2021, 9:48:06 PM6/3/21
to ADK google group
All,

The following paddles have been added to the ADK-GVC calendar. Check the website for more information.
Sunday, June 6, 2021, 7:30am to 2pm

This is an 8 mile PTFL paddle on Seneca Lake with a car shuttle to get from the end back to the starting point. Although it is a shorter PTFL paddle, the driving distance will cause it to be the better part of they day. Bring lunch, snacks, water and extra clothing (just in case).

You should be an experienced kayaker  and capable of paddling at capable of paddling at least 3 mph for sustained periods.

We will follow COVID recommendations at all times - including wearing a mask on land or while shuttling and when not able to be 6 ft apart.

There will be a minimal cost for entrance to the State Park that will need to be paid for each vehicle.

We will meet at the Bushnell Basin Park and Ride on 490 and caravan to the starting point.

Please contact the trip leaders with your intent to participate or any questions.
don_...@hotmail.com
warrw...@gmail.com

Thursday, June 10, 9:30am-12:30PM

Woodville Public Boat Launch, Naples

Leader:  Rick Richmond

richard.dav...@gmail.com

Meet at the Woodville launch site in time to be on the water at 9:30am.  Bring lunch, change of clothes, clothes suitable for the weather, and water and snacks. PFDs must be worn. We’ll paddle across Canandaigua Lake’s south end and up Naples Creek as far as treefalls permit. From Naples Creek we will paddle up the West River. Then back to the launch. Distance about 5-7 miles, depending on the depth of Naples Creek/Canandaigua Lake. At the time of this writing, Naples Creek upstream had submerged branches that allowed clearance of about 4 inches, enough for kayaks with rudders and skegs raised. Average pace about 3 mph. Group size limited to 10. Do not plan on a rest/relief spot. Please send me an email at  richard.dav...@gmail.com, if you plan to attend. I will send an email by 7:30amthe morning of the paddle if there is a change in plans or cancellation.

To participate, you must read and sign the ADK Release of Liability form. You may sign it and bring it to the paddle OR email the signed form back to the outing leader. For the Release of Liability form see
drive.google.com…

While some restrictions have been lifted, for safety and well-being of all paddlers during the COVID-19 Pandemic, ADK has Guidelines to which you must agree and follow if you participate in ADK events.

Thursday, June 17, 9:30am-12:30PM

Great Embankment Park Launch on the Erie Canal

Meet at the launch site in time to be on the water at 9:30am.  Bring lunch, change of clothes, clothes suitable for the weather, and water and snacks. PFDs must be worn. We’ll paddle east on the Erie Canal past the village of Fairport and return. Distance about 7-10 miles. Pace 3-4 mph. Group size limited to 10. Rest/relief as needed and available. Please send me an email at  richard.dav...@gmail.com, if you plan to attend. I will send an email by 7:30am the morning of the paddle if there is a change in plans or cancellation.

To participate, you must read and sign the ADK Release of Liability form. You may sign it and bring it to the paddle OR email the signed form back to the outing leader. For the Release of Liability form see
drive.google.com…

While some restrictions have been lifted, for safety and well-being of all paddlers during the COVID-19 Pandemic, ADK has Guidelines to which you must agree and follow if you participate in ADK events.

Thursday, June 24, 9:30am-12:30PM

DEC Boat Launch between Waneta and Lamocha Lakes on County Road 23

Meet at the DEC launch in time to be on the water at 9:30am.  Bring lunch, change of clothes, clothes suitable for the weather, and water and snacks. PFDs must be worn. We’ll paddle the between lakes channel south into Lamocha Lake. On return, if there is interest, we will paddle Waneta Lake to the north. Then back to the launch. Estimated distance 6-10 miles, with additional distance for those who wish to go further. Average pace 3 to 3.5 mph. Group size limited to 10. There are a few rest/relief spots, if needed. Please send me an email at  richard.dav...@gmail.com, if you plan to attend. I will send an email by 7:30am the morning of the paddle if there is a change in plans or cancellation.

To participate, you must read and sign the ADK Release of Liability form. You may sign it and bring it to the paddle OR email the signed form back to the outing leader. For the Release of Liability form see
drive.google.com…

While some restrictions have been lifted, for safety and well-being of all paddlers during the COVID-19 Pandemic, ADK has Guidelines to which you must agree and follow if you participate in ADK events.

Marcia

Sent from my iPhone