Monday May 3rd paddle

peg jacobs

Apr 29, 2021, 11:05:43 AM4/29/21
to ADK google group
​It's May!!! (almost)  Time to start paddling on Mondays!!!  This week we'll be paddling the West River toward the heron rookery.  We'll be ON THE WATER at 11:00 and paddle for about 2 hours.  The weather at this point looks promising but watch your e mail that morning in case we have to cancel.  We will have to carry our boats a short flat distance to put in - the put in is not an easy one.  Bring extra clothes just in case you and your boat find it  more than a little "tipsy".  We paddle through a swampy area to where the herons have nested in the past.  We'll stop there and rest (eats snacks or lunch - whatever you bring along) watch the amazing birds, then return to the put in.

SunnySide Rd. is off Rt. 245 between Naples and Middlesex.  If you're coming from Rochester you'll turn left at Bob and Ruth's in Naples and just follow that road....it'll be a few miles (it is not the large DEC fishing access that you'll pass). You have to turn left onto SunnySide Rd.  Feel free to double and triple park as the lot is small or park along the road.  (information on the ADK calendar also)

We'll have liability sheets for you to sign or bring your signed one.  Looking forward to a nice morning on the water.  As always call or e mail if you have questions.   Peg and Marcia   585-730-9945

*May 10 -Honeoye Lake inlet