Seneca Lake paddle moving to Sunday

Peg Warrick

Jun 2, 2021, 4:38:36 PM6/2/21
to ADK-GVC Waterways
Saturday is predicted to be pretty windy, and therefore wavy, so we are moving this weekend’s paddle to Sunday.

Seneca Lake PTFL - Sampson State Park to Lodiodi State Park
WHENSaturday, June 5, 2021, 7:30am – 1pm
WHERESeneca Lake - Meet @ Busnell Basin Park and Ride
LEADERDon Socha
CONTACT PHONE585-455-2144
CONTACT EMAILdon_...@hotmail.com
DETAILS
This is an 8 mile PTFL paddle on Seneca Lake with a car shuttle to get from the end back to the starting point. Although it is a shorter PTFL paddle, the driving distance will cause it to be the better part of they day. Bring lunch, snacks, water and extra clothing (just in case).

If you can set your car up for two kayaks that helps significantly with the car shuttle.  If can eliminate a half hour drive before and after the paddle, depending on the number of cars and boats.

You should be an experienced kayaker with self-rescue ability and capable of paddling at least 3 mph for sustained periods.

We will follow COVID recommendations at all times - including wearing a mask on land or while shuttling and when not able to be 6 ft apart.

There will be a minimal cost for entrance to the State Park that will need to be paid for each vehicle.

We will meet at the Bushnell Basin Park and Ride on 490 and caravan to the starting point.

Please contact the trip leaders with your intent to participate or any questions.

don_...@hotmail.com
warri...@gmail.com