Weekend Online ACT Junior Chess Tournaments

Kate Woodley

Sep 3, 2021, 9:20:37 PMSep 3
to ACTJCL Google
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick reminder about some friendly online ACT junior chess tournaments being held over the weekend.

On Saturday at 2.30pm, there's a seven round 15+10 tournament on our ACT Junior Chess League Lichess group (https://lichess.org/team/act-junior-chess-league). To play, you first need to create a free Lichess account, then join the group following the above link (you must demonstrate that you are an ACT junior player when applying to join this group). Once you've joined, click on the tournament name, then click on the green 'Join' button to enter the tournament at any time. If you have other commitments, you can play a few rounds then withdraw from the event.

On Sunday at 4pm, we will run our third and last ACTJCL Girls Tournament on the Canberra Junior Chess Club (https://www.chess.com/club/canberra-junior-chess-club). This tournament is open to all junior girls from the ACT and surrounds and has a maximum of five rounds with a 15min time control. To play, you first need to create a free Chess.com account, then join the club using the above link (you must demonstrate that you are an ACT junior player when applying to join this club). Once you've joined the club, click on the tournament name, then click on the orange 'Join' button to enter the tournament. Entries for this tournament open at 3pm on Sunday.

If you do decide to play in any of the above events, make sure that you apply to join each club/group ASAP as we manually approve membership requests.

Kate
Secretary, ACT Junior Chess League