Notice regarding 2021 memberships, NorthJCC Term 1 resumes 5 Feb and ACT Junior Lightning Championships 28 Feb

Emma Guo

Feb 3, 2021, 4:57:02 AMFeb 3
to ACTJCL Google
Hi all

In this email
  • Notice regarding 2021 Membership
  • Norths Junior Chess Club Resumes this Friday 5th February
  • Upcoming Event
    • 2021 ACTJCL Lightning Chess Championship Sunday 28th February

Notice regarding 2021 ACTJCL Membership
Noting the disrupted calendar and reduced chess events for 2020, the ACTJCL is pleased to extend 2021 memberships to juniors who were ACTJCL members in 2020. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

North Junior Chess Club Resumes Term 1 this Friday 5th February
Please note that Term 1 of Norths Junior Chess Club resumes at Radford College this Friday 5th February. If you attended Term 4 2020 and you don't plan on returning for Term 1, please let me know so we can give your spot to another child on the waiting list.  If you are interested in joining, please send me an email.

We look forward to the children returning for another great term.

2021 ACTJCL Lightning Chess Championship Sunday 28th February (flyer attached)

The ACTJCL invites you to our Lightning Chess Championships on Sunday 28th February. Lightning Chess is just what you think - it's chess played at lightning speed! Each player has only 5 minutes on the clock to complete all moves. It makes Lightning Chess fast, fun, and not for the faint-hearted! Most normal rules of chess apply however if a King is left in check at the conclusion of a move (ie once a clock has been pressed) an opponent may claim a win as a consequence of an “illegal move.” Games can then be won on time, by checkmate, and as a consequence of an illegal move but not by capturing the king!

The event will be held in the Campbell High School Library, Treloar Crescent, Campbell. Entries can be sent to Emma Guo at emmag...@hotmail.com or SMS/phone 0401 321 519 a/h including your child’s name, date of birth, current school year & school, and a contact telephone number where parent(s) can be contacted on the day.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards
Emma

2021 ACTJCL Lightning Flyer.pdf